Imagine

OneVolNation

All Vols All The Time
The team took the court yesterday and played so focused in the zone it was like the work of scientific artistry.

It was scientific because they were business like methodical and clinical using all their tools to operate as a team like doctors performing life saving surgery.

It was artistry because it was peak performance on fire.

Coach Barnes was interviewed at halftime and said it was almost like watching a dream and I knew exactly what he meant because it was a dream come true to watch.

Then I had a thought that blew my mind.

Imagine they played better than they did in the first half
yesterday.

What would it look like? Would it leave the commentators speechless? Would the very scene stun the crowd into silence?

Coach Barnes said, "I wish I could bottle that up."

Imagine:

1. There's still an NCAA Tournament we get to watch this team perform together
  2. There's still next season to watch this team dominate together because almost all will be back!
  3. Imagine the team chemistry this time next year with another year experience playing together!

Reactions: 1 person
Commentators kept saying that was the best half they played all year. I did not think it was as good as the MSU game to end the season where they hit 11 straight shots in the 2nd half and played shut down D.

I hope that we (1) Have no real injuries that limit the players next season (2) The players don't get the Big Head and think they will automatically win just by showing up on the court (3) Have no player suspensions.

If we duplicate this season, in 2019, then the sky is the limit HOWEVER most of the teams that we play will be one year better also. I doudt Alabama & Kentucky will be unimproved next season. Heck Vandy will be improved in 2019.

Just think. We are going after 3 wins in a row against Kentucky in basketball in one year. That's awsome.

The team took the court yesterday and played so focused in the zone it was like the work of scientific artistry.

It was scientific because they were business like methodical and clinical using all their tools to operate as a team like doctors performing life saving surgery.

It was artistry because it was peak performance on fire.

Coach Barnes was interviewed at halftime and said it was almost like watching a dream and I knew exactly what he meant because it was a dream come true to watch.

Then I had a thought that blew my mind.

Imagine they played better than they did in the first half
yesterday.

What would it look like? Would it leave the commentators speechless? Would the very scene stun the crowd into silence?

Coach Barnes said, "I wish I could bottle that up."

Imagine:

1. There's still an NCAA Tournament we get to watch this team perform together
  2. There's still next season to watch this team dominate together because almost all will be back!
  3. Imagine the team chemistry this time next year with another year experience playing together!

I'll just enjoy today and this team. Chemistry, like many chemicals that sit for a year, can and often change but today ... they're working ... GO VOLS !!!

I hope that we (1) Have no real injuries that limit the players next season (2) The players don't get the Big Head and think they will automatically win just by showing up on the court (3) Have no player suspensions.

If we duplicate this season, in 2019, then the sky is the limit HOWEVER most of the teams that we play will be one year better also. I doudt Alabama & Kentucky will be unimproved next season. Heck Vandy will be improved in 2019.
The big head? With Barnes coaching them?

I'm sure he reminded them that they lost the 2nd half of the last two games.

VN Store

Back