What would be better for us?

Dougie_D

Win or loss I think we either get the 3/NASHILLE or 2/DALLAS...

Virginia will probably get the 1/CHARLOTTE which will lead North Carolina taking the 2/CHARLOTTE....which leads DUKE to get a NASHVILLE slot. ANd if DUKE is 2 they have to make TENNESSEE the 3. Or they have to swap DUKE and TENNESSEE.

But in this scenario , what would actually be better for TENNESSEE? Playing the higher seed or playing closer?

Closer to home. You never even know what top seeds will make it to the 16 anyway. No point in worrying about teams you may not even play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee can be in Nashville as a 2 or 3, what are you talking about?

True, but I'm asking as if DUKE gets the 2 seed Nashville which would have to place Tennessee as a 3 seed Nashville or 2 seed Dallas.

My gut is telling me that the committee won't put Tennessee higher than Duke even if we do win SEC.

I didn't think any of the 2 seeds played in dallas.

From what I know, the committee RANKS the teams first and then do locations afterwards.

Right now Virginia and NC will get the 1/2 seed Charlotte.

Duke's next closest location is Nashville which only leaves 1 more slot.

BUT if DUKE and TENNESSEE is considered 2, whoever is ranked higer gets nashville and the next 2 seed goes to Dallas.

But if they decide TN is a 3, we get the Nashville.

Honestly it all comes down to where they rank DUKE and TN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
From what I know, the committee RANKS the teams first and then do locations afterwards.

BUT if DUKE and TENNESSEE is considered 2, whoever is ranked higer gets nashville and the next 2 seed goes to Dallas.

I feel enlightened. Thanks.

I'm sure the committee will give us a fair shake vs Duke

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure the committee will give us a fair shake vs Duke

Gotta pull for Kansas to loose to WV and NC to beat Virginia and for TN to win the SEC championship.

That would solidify TN as a 2 seed and with Kansas coming in as another 2 seed, the committee will bump Duke down to 3 seed IMO.

You start the season with 3 main goals. Win the conference, win the conference tournament, win the NCAA tournament. We are one game away from accomplishing 2 of those. Don’t give up one of your goals to make the first part of another goal slightly easier.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think they will put an acc (Duke or North Carolina either one) team as the #2 in the same region as Virginia is the #1.

Reactions: 2 people
True, but I'm asking as if DUKE gets the 2 seed Nashville which would have to place Tennessee as a 3 seed Nashville or 2 seed Dallas.

My gut is telling me that the committee won't put Tennessee higher than Duke even if we do win SEC.

Well, let's worry about winning the SEC first. Then we can fret about the committee.

They could both be 2 seeds in Nashville, what are you talking about?

Win or loss I think we either get the 3/NASHILLE or 2/DALLAS...

Virginia will probably get the 1/CHARLOTTE which will lead North Carolina taking the 2/CHARLOTTE....which leads DUKE to get a NASHVILLE slot. ANd if DUKE is 2 they have to make TENNESSEE the 3. Or they have to swap DUKE and TENNESSEE.

But in this scenario , what would actually be better for TENNESSEE? Playing the higher seed or playing closer?

They can put two one seeds in Nashville if they want to. It's the higher seeded teams closest location. It starts with one and works it's way down.

VN Store

Back