No Matter What Happens...

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Winning SEC Regular Season Co Champs and making it to the SEC Championship game is outstanding in my book considering it’s already been a successful season.

Predicted 13th in the SEC and here we are possibly looking at a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Unbelievable season by Coach Barnes and the players. Couldn’t be anymore proud of my boys. If Barnes isn’t Coach of the Year, then the NCAA is rigged. Lol

Next year is also looking really bright!

Go Vols!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
I mean, no one can really be dissatisfied with the season, considering where the experts predicted they would finish. However, I can't lie and say I won't be sad if we get knocked out of the NCAA tournament in an early round.

I aint worried about the outcome tomorrow. It's the championship game. That says enough to me. I hope the Vols win it though. I will be super excited if they beat UK for a third time to win the tourney. I just aint worried about it.

When the Vols get going in the NCAA, I hope they win the whole thing. If they win at least 2 or 3 games, I will still be happy for them.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not out of the realm of possibility that this could be our first Final Four team. Yes, they are that good.

This has indeed been a very special year for our basketball program.

Got a chance to become considerably more special tomorrow.

Where does this ride finally end?

March will be fun this year.

Reactions: 1 person
It's going to be either a 7, 8, or 9 loss season. A 7 loss season vaults TN clearly ahead of LSU and Bama and possibly Florida and Arkansas as the all time second best basketball program in SEC history. Arkansas really hasn't been in the league long enough (even though they have that Natty). Florida is hot garbage before the 21st century, but they do have those two NCs.

All hail KY. I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I am proud of this team, this coach and the fan base. For those that think great coaches always bring instant success make a not how this one occurs. Hard work top to bottom.

Know we know what a real basketball coach looks like. Quiet confidence. Go CRB MY FAVORITE COY

I'm pumped to watch this game today!

This Tennessee team is the SEC Champion.

That's a fact. When they play together, there is no one in the country who can stop them as a team.

There's no better opportunity than today to prove who they are to the world (already proven Champions) one more time on the big stage! I'm excited for them.

I'm proud of each and every member of this team and staff.

When they play together, there is no one that can stop the team.

Today, I prayed for the safety of the team, all players, coaches, staff and all families represented, that each player will stay free from injury and stay blessed with the spirit of victory!

Reactions: 4 people
I mean, no one can really be dissatisfied with the season, considering where the experts predicted they would finish. However, I can't lie and say I won't be sad if we get knocked out of the NCAA tournament in an early round.

I aint worried about the outcome tomorrow. It's the championship game. That says enough to me. I hope the Vols win it though. I will be super excited if they beat UK for a third time to win the tourney. I just aint worried about it.

When the Vols get going in the NCAA, I hope they win the whole thing. If they win at least 2 or 3 games, I will still be happy for them.

I agree about not " being worried about the outcome" of today's game. However, after watching ESPN last night (UNC vs. UVA) and at halftime all they could talk about was how great UK is playing and only showed highlights of UK vs. Alabama ( no highlights of us beating Ark), I want to beat the Regal society so bad I can't stand it.

Reactions: 4 people
When they are shooting lights out and getting everyone involved like yesterday it's a beautiful thing to watch.

Exactly!

I thought yesterday's first half was the best performance in the first half all season.

That's what you want....your performance to peak in March!

The focus, each man doing his job, each player playing as a team and getting it done.

All those blocks and steals! That was masterful.

Every one who played did their job and got it done like men when it mattered. They know who they are and what they did, but I want to single out one for his play yesterday.

Jordan Bone with the big time performance.

I loved it too because game before yesterday I read someone on here post he wasn't playing with confidence, that he shouldn't play,which I didn't agree with because he made those two drives to score that game. I was like what is he even talking about?

Then when we got interviewed after the game yesterday and asked about his play, he said, "It was a confidence booster."

!!! :eek:lol: Perfect poetic justice. That's what I'm talking about! Making critics eat their words with the proof.

He showed them what confidence looks like personified so they can learn to recognize it when they see it next time. The best revenge is success. It's a good thing no one else thought the way that critic did.

Moving on,
It would make a HUGE statement to the whole world to beat Kentucky today in the big title game. It will show the world this team rises to the occasion and plays with championship level effort when it's on the line.

Our team guards for each part of the full forty minutes they're on defense and it pays off every time they do.

With a win today, there won't be an asterisk. It is only Tennessee at the top of the conference crowned as its king.

Winning SEC Regular Season Co Champs and making it to the SEC Championship game is outstanding in my book considering it’s already been a successful season.

Predicted 13th in the SEC and here we are possibly looking at a 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Unbelievable season by Coach Barnes and the players. Couldn’t be anymore proud of my boys. If Barnes isn’t Coach of the Year, then the NCAA is rigged. Lol

Next year is also looking really bright!

Go Vols!!

2 seed should be yes, but I’ve seen Tenn get screwed too many tines to not see a possible 4 or 5 and not in the south

If TN wins the next 3 then Barnes should run away with the national COTY.

Virginia wasn’t ranked preseason and was projected to finish 6th in ACC...they are ranked #1, projected to get the top overall seed, finish 32-2, win the ACC regular season outright, and just won the ACC tourney as well.

As much as I love Barnes I think I would have to give it to Bennett.

Agreed.

Winning today would be phenomenal. That said, this team has been a true surprise and a joy to watch.

They are a year ahead of schedule.

I agree about not " being worried about the outcome" of today's game. However, after watching ESPN last night (UNC vs. UVA) and at halftime all they could talk about was how great UK is playing and only showed highlights of UK vs. Alabama ( no highlights of us beating Ark), I want to beat the Regal society so bad I can't stand it.

I missed that....thankfully

Virginia wasn’t ranked preseason and was projected to finish 6th in ACC...they are ranked #1, projected to get the top overall seed, finish 32-2, win the ACC regular season outright, and just won the ACC tourney as well.

As much as I love Barnes I think I would have to give it to Bennett.

If Barnes beats Bennett head to head, there won't be much left to debate.

VN Store

Back