SEC Officiating

Worst season of officiating?

• Total voters

VEKZY

Is this the worst season of officiating you've seen? Or is it just me?

The refs seem to take over games more and more.

Adding a poll.

Reactions: 4 people
Im still shocked the didn't stop the game last night when Weatherspoon was injured. I mean they saw 2 players running towards the goal and someone laying under the rim, injured. I dont care what protocol says stop the damn game. Hope that kid is ok.

Reactions: 9 people
Is this the worst season of officiating you've seen? Or is it just me?

The refs seem to take over games more and more.

Adding a poll.

It's you. The reason I say it is because it has been bad for several years. We just haven't had good teams to pay attention. I have been on record saying it for the last couple of years.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm still trying to figure out how Kyle Alexander didn't get called for a flagrant when he smashed dude's elbows with his face. Cmon refs!

Reactions: 17 people
They are awful. Just awful. Not a single redeeming quality among them. The only thing consistent is inconsistency.

Reactions: 3 people
This game had more than a few official blunders. Maybe if the whistles were stuck in their ear they wouldn’t be inclined to blow hot air on every possession.

Reactions: 1 person
It's you. The reason I say it is because it has been bad for several years. We just haven't had good teams to pay attention. I have been on record saying it for the last couple of years.

This came to mind, but with the failure to stop the game last night and the constant stoppages in games that take 5+ minutes, it is getting crazy.

What is scary is that the officials seem to want to call fouls on Schofield and Williams. I am not sure Williams committed a foul. The block was a charge. The hand off was not a foul and the shooter kicked out his leg on the three point shot. The last foul on Schofield was just plain ridiculous.

It is going to be tough tomorrow beating the Cats and the refs.

2nd place - officials saying Kyle dodged the elbow that clipped him in the jaw. After going to the monitor ffs..!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
2nd place - officials saying Kyle dodged the elbow that clipped him in the jaw. After going to the monitor ffs..!!

He should have laid on the ground for 10 minutes. Then they might have decided he did get hit.

I just hold my breath every time they blow the whistle. I mean you have no idea what they are going to call.

Reactions: 2 people
This came to mind, but with the failure to stop the game last night and the constant stoppages in games that take 5+ minutes, it is getting crazy.

It is. I could name a group of officials that are horrible and have been. We haven't seen some of them as much this year.

Never seen a handoff called I guess a blocking foul

Without a doubt, that was worst foul call i have ever seen and im 55, and ive watched ALOT of basketball in my life. That ref owes Grant an apology. I believe if i was Barnes, i would ask the SEC for an explanation. The SEC needs to hold their refs more accountable than they do!!!

Basketball is one of the hardest sports to officiate because it’s so fast paced and I usually give the refs some slack but some of those either should’ve been no calls or gone the other way. What made those calls worse was that they were out in the open where everyone could see the play.

VN Store

Back