Andy Kennedy

Otis07

found it odd that Andy Kennedy was on the SEC Network...... I googled him this morning and I did not see any reference where he was ill. Did he quit on his team at Ole Miss?

Resigned about a month ago. Planned to finish the year and coached 2 more games. Team played badly those games and he said he was a distraction and quit

Reactions: 1 person
Resigned about a month ago. Planned to finish the year and coached 2 more games. Team played badly those games and he said he was a distraction and quit

Yeah sometimes if it's not going to improve it's best to get out of the way.

found it odd that Andy Kennedy was on the SEC Network...... I googled him this morning and I did not see any reference where he was ill. Did he quit on his team at Ole Miss?

Didn't coach against UT! You didn't watch?

It must be the first time in history a coach leaves midseason, and actually is a SPORTS ANALYST talking about the same team he had previously quit on. That’s crazy!

Kevin Stallings was fired by Pittsburgh today so Kennedy could be an option to replace Stallings.

yes I watched...I just found it curious that the network hired a quitter so ...most folks blistered
Jalen Hurd when he quit on the football vols
His team quit on him, it was “his time” to leave, let’s be honest.

yes I watched...I just found it curious that the network hired a quitter so ...most folks blistered

Ole Miss season was tanking and he was told he’d be fired at end of the yr. Kennedy got his start by being the interim coach at Cincy when HuggyBear was fired so he decided to give the same opportunity to his assistant at OM. Hardly quitting on an undefeated team at mid season like Hurd did.

Reactions: 2 people
His team quit on him, it was “his time” to leave, let’s be honest.

Agreed. He was unable to motivate them, and push them, so he decided he and his team needed a fresh start. I personally think AK is a great coach, he just had a group that didn't want to do what it takes to win.

Jalen is probably not someone you want to hitch your wagon to, however he was (is) just a kid and sometimes kids do weird things. No one should bash him.

Why in the living Hell are y'all disparaging this man? Please show the multiple people that visit this site that Vn is better than this! :eek:hmy:

Agreed. He was unable to motivate them, and push them, so he decided he and his team needed a fresh start. I personally think AK is a great coach, he just had a group that didn't want to do what it takes to win.

He also coached at a place that is not invested in basketball whatsoever. He would’ve been better off staying at Cincinnati, as basketball is king there. Hindsight 20/20

**Moved** to Around the NCAA in

giphy.gif

He also coached at a place that is not invested in basketball whatsoever. He would’ve been better off staying at Cincinnati, as basketball is king there. Hindsight 20/20

As I recall Cincinnati didn't really want him. They wanted Mick Cronin because he is a local kid. They didn't really want the coach to shop them after a little success. Mick grew up there. His family has a car dealership and all. Lots of ties to the area.

VN Store

Back