Pearl votes for Barnes as SEC COY

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
499554_Bruce-Pearl-Getty-Images-Auburn-2018-DRC_3597_yys0i2.jpg

“I voted for Rick Barnes for Coach of the Year in the SEC because he is the Coach of the Year,” Pearl said on the show, according to co-host Peter Burns. “I love that man.”

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl reveals he voted for Tennessee's Rick Barnes for SEC Coach of the Year

Reactions: 10 people
A key thing that helps Barnes over Pearl is that Barnes has a "clean" staff working for him. Plus the fact we were picked to finish lower than them. They've succeeded with some injuries.

Pearl is one of those coaches that I like and can’t stand at the same time.

Reactions: 2 people
I can't tell if he's delusional and thinks that he could actually coach here again some day or if he just truly appreciates UT.

Reactions: 4 people
I think if someone asked him what the best years of his life were he'd say when he was in Knoxville.

He did upgrade his wife while here. He had one daughter singing the National Anthem and he was allowed to put his son on the court ahead of far better players. In Auburn he might get to emcee some cow bingo festivals.

Reactions: 3 people
He did upgrade his wife while here. He had one daughter singing the National Anthem and he was allowed to put his son on the court ahead of far better players. In Auburn he might get to emcee some cow bingo festivals.

dont forget the Loachapoka Syrup Soppin!

In reality... Bruce really got snubbed. What he accomplished this year is really incredible. Rick had an outstanding and deserving year but wasn't anything with what all Bruce had to coach through..
- Asst. coach arrested and fired for trying to get kids to leave the program and go Pro.
- Two BEST players ineligible for entire season.
- Two other asst/analyst suspended by the school
- Lose SEC shot blocker for the season with 5 games left.
- Lose leading scorer Bryce Brown for two games with a shoulder and ankle injury in the last 5 games.
- Jared Harper had to play on a sprained ankle last 4 games.
- Roster played end of season with 7 scholarship players
Bruce Pearl did one helluva an awesome coaching job to hang a banner at Auburn. Rick Barnes led us to an incredible year but had no distractions like Bruce did.

Reactions: 6 people
In reality... Bruce really got snubbed. What he accomplished this year is really incredible. Rick had an outstanding and deserving year but wasn't anything with what all Bruce had to coach through..
- Asst. coach arrested and fired for trying to get kids to leave the program and go Pro.
- Two BEST players ineligible for entire season.
- Two other asst/analyst suspended by the school
- Lose SEC shot blocker for the season with 5 games left.
- Lose leading scorer Bryce Brown for two games with a shoulder and ankle injury in the last 5 games.
- Jared Harper had to play on a sprained ankle last 4 games.
- Roster played end of season with 7 scholarship players
Bruce Pearl did one helluva an awesome coaching job to hang a banner at Auburn. Rick Barnes led us to an incredible year but had no distractions like Bruce did.
Pearl did not get snubbed, actually many of the things you list above does not help you get coach of the year. Coaches suspended and players ineligible. Hey I like Pearl, but Barnes deserved coach of the year on every level. Auburn was supposed to be good and they were. Tennesee was picked 13th in the SEC and is ranked 12th and 13th in the country at seasons end. The right coach won coach of the YEAR!!!! GBO!!!!!

Pearl did not get snubbed, actually many of the things you list above does not help you get coach of the year. Coaches suspended and players ineligible. Hey I like Pearl, but Barnes deserved coach of the year on every level. Auburn was supposed to be good and they were. Tennesee was picked 13th in the SEC and is ranked 12th and 13th in the country at seasons end. The right coach won coach of the YEAR!!!! GBO!!!!!

Come on man, Pearl was no implicated in any of that. Not one bit of it. Auburn was picked to finish 9th or 10th with Purifoy and Wiley. Without those two they would've been picked dead last. Give the man his props.... heck he beat us by 10 in Knoxville.

Come on man, Pearl was no implicated in any of that. Not one bit of it. Auburn was picked to finish 9th or 10th with Purifoy and Wiley. Without those two they would've been picked dead last. Give the man his props.... heck he beat us by 10 in Knoxville.

We have no idea what he has or hasn’t been implicated yet. The FBI is still investigating.

Reactions: 1 person

You mean "has not" been implicated.

And no, he wasn't snubbed.

He was a crooked... well before he got to UT. He hasn't changed his stripes since. No reason not to give him props for that as well.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back