Vols up to No. 13 in the AP Poll, No. 12 in Coaches Poll

Auburn falls below us to 16th...so Vols are top rated SEC team

Thought we should’ve been ahead of UNC but I can live with 13th, highest ranking of the year and makes the 14th straight week iirc

Reactions: 1 person
I get UNC, especially since they beat us, but no way do I think Wichita St should be ranked over us.

Reactions: 2 people
Some dude commented on the poll about how the SEC is extremely down this year.

I swear some people don’t branch out beyond their team or conference.

I think this will be one of those years when the strength of our conference will be borne out in the NCAA tournament. We only have three ranked teams, but there are 8 SEC teams that racked up 20+ wins.

The SEC will do some damage.

I think this will be one of those years when the strength of our conference will be borne out in the NCAA tournament. We only have three ranked teams, but there are 8 SEC teams that racked up 20+ wins.

The SEC will do some damage.

They did damage last year with 2 SEC teams making it to the final 4 despite it being considered a “down year.”

So they meant 13th in the rankings when they made their projections, not 13th in the conference right? Must have been a typo...

So they meant 13th in the rankings when they made their projections, not 13th in the conference right? Must have been a typo...

If it were me, that would be my excuse.

"No no no....I meant 13th in the NATION...not SEC.."

1ily6w.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

That's because UK has been so bad. And keep in mind that bad is only a 3 game difference in record.

There isn't a dominant team, and if your highest ranked team is 13th, that doesn't help. A lot of teams within 2 or 3 games of each other. Look at Florida through Bama in the conference standings. It's a VERY thin margin.

That is why UT did so well. They are blue collar and work like heck. I think even UGA is a more talented roster, but if you don't play together and work your ass off, it doesn't matter.

I've been hoping they'd get to 13th in the poll all season, just so UT fans could rub it in the prognosticators' faces.

No need to stop there, though. Keep on moving up...

13 Conference Wins and 13th in the Nation before the Vols' first conference tournament game.

I don't think those 12 teams ranked ahead of Tennessee currently are any better than those preseason conference predictions.

Tennessee plays as a team and beats anyone.

VN Store

Back