Growing up in north west TN...

Bluegrass Vol

I was alway and am a Vol football and basketball fan, but I went to school at Murray State just across the KY border. I’m just praying that the Vols and Racers don’t get matched up in the first game. It’s very possible #3 vs #14

Reactions: 3 people
I was alway and am a Vol football and basketball fan, but I went to school at Murray State just across the KY border. I’m just praying that the Vols and Racers don’t get matched up in the first game. It’s very possible #3 vs #14

Lol you would be pressed to root for the Racers? I went to UTC and hope UT throttles them every time they play (even though it’s basically an extension of UT anyway). Only reason I didn’t go to UT was I got an engineering degree nearly debt free at UTC. My passion for UT started as an infant, long before my college days.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol you would be pressed to root for the Racers? I went to UTC and hope UT throttles them every time they play (even though it’s basically an extension of UT anyway). Only reason I didn’t go to UT was I got an engineering degree nearly debt free at UTC. My passion for UT started as an infant, long before my college days.

There’s nothing better wrong with his feelings. Many UT fans can’t always go to UT. It’s understanable others feel loyalty to the school they went to as well.

For OPs sake I hope they don’t get matched up. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
I’m currently attending Austin Peay.

I would still pull for the Vols over the Govs. I obviously hope they’re successful outside of that matchup should it happen

I attended UK because I decided to attend college nearly debt free at an in state school rather than rack up 100K worth of debt. I am a huge fan of UK academics, but there isn't any sport I would cheer for UK In. Maybe when they play Florida or Bama in football but that's it.

Reactions: 2 people

Same here man. I never wanted to see UT lose to UTC but I also didn’t wanna see UTC get absolutely throttled, either. If we were to play UTC this season, we’d win by 40, easy. Chattanooga is TURRIBLE now that Matt McCall is gone.

Same here, OP. I graduated from Murray State, as well. However, several years ago when they played UT in Nashville, I was 100% pulling for the Vols and yes, I had my orange on. :)

With that being said, this Murray State team is going to be dangerous no matter who draws them.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm in the same position you are. I saw the Racers at the OVC Tournament final and once they got control in the 2nd half, Belmont had absolutely no chance. I just saw where the Racers are projected as a #13 seed playing #4 Arizona, but who knows how all that will shake out.

Last edited:

I always drive through Murray..then down hwy 641/121 into Paris Landing area.

I’m currently attending Austin Peay.

I would still pull for the Vols over the Govs. I obviously hope they’re successful outside of that matchup should it happen

The Govs beat the Vols actually under the Cuonzo regime.

Same here man. I never wanted to see UT lose to UTC but I also didn’t wanna see UTC get absolutely throttled, either. If we were to play UTC this season, we’d win by 40, easy. Chattanooga is TURRIBLE now that Matt McCall is gone.

Yeah the Mocs have become a coaching factory as of late unfortunately. Will Wade is another great example. I actually had a class with Casey Jones, super nice guy.

I'm in the same position you are. I saw the Racers at the OVC Tournament final and once they got control in the 2nd half, Belmont had absolutely no chance. I just saw where the Racers are projected as a #13 seed playing #4 Arizona, but who knows how all that will shake out.

I went to both Racer games. I love both teams.

I attended UK because I decided to attend college nearly debt free at an in state school rather than rack up 100K worth of debt. I am a huge fan of UK academics, but there isn't any sport I would cheer for UK In. Maybe when they play Florida or Bama in football but that's it.

Now UK that is a whole different ballgame. No way in hades a Vol fan can like them. Cheering for Murray, AP, Chattanooga as a side school is totally different. UK is a hater rival and can not be rooted for under any circumstance!

There’s nothing better wrong with his feelings. Many UT fans can’t always go to UT. It’s understanable others feel loyalty to the school they went to as well.

For OPs sake I hope they don’t get matched up. Lol

It would suck as I follow both teams religiously. It would guarantee one of my teams advancing to the second round. Lol....UT is gonna go to the final four this year, I just feel it! Murray is talented enough to upset a big boy on any given night. Murray only lost to Auburn by 4.

Well my Racers took care of your Govs as usual. 😂

Go Vols!

They usually do. I think the Govs have a decent coach now though. Just won COTY in his first season. I wish we had Ugba for another season.

They usually do. I think the Govs have a decent coach now though. Just won COTY in his first season. I wish we had Ugba for another season.
Govs historically have had some success in ncaa tourney. Going way back...when Fly Williams was there and the tourney was only 32 teams...Govs beat a good Jacksonville team then played Kentucky in sweet 16 and got robbed by the refs.. and lost in OT. Next yr lost to Notre Dame in 1st round. In the 90s I think...Govs beat heavily favored Illinois. ..then lost in OT to eventual final 4 team Providence. Couple times Govs came very close to making a major statement in the tourney. My dad still says that year they lost to Joe b Halls Kentucky team in OT that the refs truly robbed them...and Govs were good enough to make the final 4...if not win it all w Fly Williams.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back