Lunardi has the Vols as a No. 3 seed in Nashville (South Region)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
This is probably being discussed in other thread, but playing in Nasvhille would be fantastic.

DXcuq-CVMAAolXg.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
Looks like we would have a great shot at the Sweet 16 if that were the bracket we saw.

Why would you have 3 SEC teams in the South and none in the Mid-West?

I believe the NCAA tries to keep teams in there geographic region as long as they avoid a matchup with a team from the same conference prior to the Regional finals.

I selfishly want them in the West so their S16/E8 games (if they make it) are in LA. With that being said, probably better to end up in the South.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe the NCAA tries to keep teams in there geographic region as long as they avoid a matchup with a team from the same conference prior to the Regional finals.

Appears to be a good way to eliminate SEC competition in the later rounds and control who gets to the Final Four.

Reactions: 1 person
All speculation and guesswork by a guy that cannot be proven right or wrong. Wake me up when the real brackets are announced.

Reactions: 3 people
I’d take LA if it meant we were a 2 seed playing in the same region as Xavier

Again, why is Baylor an 11 seed in Nashville and MTSU an 11 seed in Dallas??

And why does he have northern Kentucky in? They lost in their first game of their conference tournament

Again, why is Baylor an 11 seed in Nashville and MTSU an 11 seed in Dallas??

I’m guessing because only the higher seed earns a favorable location? Once they get to the lower half, they just spot them in and put up the best 6 against the worst 11 and so on.

I’m guessing because only the higher seed earns a favorable location? Once they get to the lower half, they just spot them in and put up the best 6 against the worst 11 and so on.

Only top 4 seeds in a region are protected

And I think starting at the 5 seed there is no longer a seed order. They’re all the same

VN Store

Back