SECT draw

CAVPUT

Embracing the inner nega in all of us
Honestly, I don't think it could have turned out better for UT. I really didn't want to see Bama, UK, or Georgia and we miss all 3 unless it's for all the marbles. If there's ever going to be a year UT finally does something in the SECT, this is the year. The stars aligned for us in this years tournament draw IMO. Let's get healthy, rested and win this thing.

Reactions: 11 people
Agreed, also Missouri with Porter on other side. Also BBN.

Neither Ark or UF in semis would be easy but I’ll take my chances with them.

Honestly would of switched Arkansas with anyone but Kentucky ..... I really don’t want to play them

Yep.
No hostile crowds on our side with host Mizzou and bbn on other side of bracket.

Yep... No one has a home court advantage (but Mizzou). Everyone is on the road. Good thing. However that damn KY bunch will be there in force as usual. Good thing their team is not up to their usual standard.
Come on UT and Auburn turn the place orange!!!

Why? Vols clearly blew that game in Fayetteville and they usually play like crap on the road.

Crazy how the tourney is going to be this year. A team like Ark can look like elite 8 team against Auburn, with slams and athletes all over the court, then not so much the next game...similar to Bama. Can't figure their inconsistency out. Glad our boys figured out how to grid it out for W's, even on "off" nights.

Why? Vols clearly blew that game in Fayetteville and they usually play like crap on the road.

We absolutely crushed Mississippi state, Iowa state, and wake forest on the road, beat Kentucky, South Carolina, ole miss, and had good wins on neutral court games. I'd love to understand your definition of playing like "crap" on the road. Tf?!

Reactions: 2 people
We absolutely crushed Mississippi state, Iowa state, and wake forest on the road, beat Kentucky, South Carolina, ole miss, and had good wins on neutral court games. I'd love to understand your definition of playing like "crap" on the road. Tf?!

Yeah, it's a big stretch to say we play like crap on the road. I guess our worst games (at Alabama, at Georgia) came on the road, but that doesn't mean we melt away from Knoxville.

Perhaps he's referring to Arky playing like crap on the road and if we were nearly able to beat them at home, we should handle them on a neutral site? Just the way I read it.

Reactions: 1 person

ARKANSAS usually plays like crap away from Bud Walton.

Yeah, it's a big stretch to say we play like crap on the road. I guess our worst games (at Alabama, at Georgia) came on the road, but that doesn't mean we melt away from Knoxville.

True, especially neutral site games. Without a team with a home crowd, our D can take the air out of teams.

Reading comprehension

Avoid teams wearing red, basketball or football. UT seems to lock up when they see red. Arkansas, Alabama, and Georgia gave us trouble this year and beat us on the road. Auburn whooped us on our court but, may be beatable now. Mizzou beat us at their house and will be playing at home in St Louis. Go Vols! Win it all!

Honestly would of switched Arkansas with anyone but Kentucky ..... I really don’t want to play them

Currently living in Arkansas and I definitely want to play them again. Too many losses (in FB and BB) over the past few years and we owe them for our collapse in Fayetteville. Most of their fans don't expect them to do too much since they play like garbage on the road. It hasn't been that long since they were calling for Anderson to be canned.

VN Store

Back