Ron Slay

1985Vols

For those that were at the game , you have to agree with me that when Ron Slay came out with a microphone during a timeout at the 12:00 minute mark urging the crowd to " get on your feet, give them what they want" , you just knew we were not going to be denied. That fired everybody up, including the team. I felt from that point on, the crowd was very loud and the team fed off it. Ron Slay was one of the all-time great players at UT and you can tell he has as much passion for the Vols as he did when he played. That was so awesome!

[twitterv]970094999173033985[/twitterv]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 22 people
I feel like that was the point people started getting loud.

Hello... people... we’re playing for an SEC Championship. Get LOUD

Reactions: 4 people
Ron Slay is fantastic, he makes WNML worth listening to on Tuesday mornings. I’d love to see him find his way in to our AD.

Reactions: 2 people
is he the guy who took his gum out on the foul line put it on the floor then picked it up again and put it in his mouth after the shot?

For those that were at the game , you have to agree with me that when Ron Slay came out with a microphone during a timeout at the 12:00 minute mark urging the crowd to " get on your feet, give them what they want" , you just knew we were not going to be denied. That fired everybody up, including the team. I felt from that point on, the crowd was very loud and the team fed off it. Ron Slay was one of the all-time great players at UT and you can tell he has as much passion for the Vols as he did when he played. That was so awesome!

Twitter
Wow! I didn't even know that happened! I wish I could have made it to the game, there were fans in there going crazy! It looked incredible on TV. The passion that the entire team & coaches showed to Admiral Schofield gave me chills. Then he gave the credit back to the team and coaches! Ron Slay is a TRUE VOL 4 LIFE! He should have a job with the team, he would be one HELL of a recruiter or ever just working with the university. Go Vols!:dance2:

Reactions: 4 people
Wow! I didn't even know that happened! I wish I could have made it to the game, there were fans in there going crazy! It looked incredible on TV. The passion that the entire team & coaches showed to Admiral Schofield gave me chills. Then he gave the credit back to the team and coaches! Ron Slay is a TRUE VOL 4 LIFE! He should have a job with the team, he would be one HELL of a recruiter or ever just working with the university. Go Vols!:dance2:

Very emotional moments after the final buzzer,lots of bro-hugs. Was impressed with Admiral's humility.

Reactions: 2 people
He's like the Al Wilson of hoops. I remember how much passion he played with. And the night he manhandled UF putting up 35 at home. Beast!

Reactions: 3 people
You can't get an accurate reading by watching on TV. The director controls the crowd mic levels. It's easy to mix the sound for TV to make it seem more or less rowdy.

You are correct. I hate trying to watch games on TV when the crowd level is mixed at extremely high levels, where you can barely hear the announcers.

The noise level at TBA was pretty pathetic compared to other games I watched yesterday.

Interesting since Wes Rucker said it was the loudest he has ever heard TBA in his 20 years of covering the basketball Vols. Were you even there? I was and it was very loud.

Reactions: 1 person
Love Ron Slay; I hate that he ended his career having to play for Peterson.

VN Store

Back