Bruce Pearl showing TN some love

Volstylexx

Still a VFL... and I don’t care what you think about the man, he still loves TN.

Attachments

• B8F92216-27E8-4F63-A771-FC2322D8BD64.jpg
    B8F92216-27E8-4F63-A771-FC2322D8BD64.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 313
Reactions: 65 people
Classy response by Bruce.

He screwed himself over while he was at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll never get the Bruce Haters. Will always respect him and like him for what he did here. If we had to share a title, glad its with him.

Reactions: 24 people
I'll never get the Bruce Haters. Will always respect him and like him for what he did here. If we had to share a title, glad its with him.

It's what TN fans do. People hate Fulmer for winming a national title and having the greatest run since Neyland. I am surprised people haven't found a way to hate Neyland as well.

Reactions: 6 people

Anyone think we could share the SEC coach of the year title or national coach of the year titles

Reactions: 2 people
I am very happy Barnes is our coach, but I will always appreciate someone who did this to support the Lady Vols.

coachpearl1.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
It's what TN fans do. People hate Fulmer for winming a national title and having the greatest run since Neyland. I am surprised people haven't found a way to hate Neyland as well.
People are upset with Bruce because he screwed up a good thing at the end by lying. People are upset with Phil the coach for knocking the football team off it's lofty perch by becoming a lazy coach and recruiter at the end with two (2) losing seasons in four (4) years.

Phil's the AD now. Hope he goes down as the greatest AD in UT history.

Reactions: 7 people

A large portion of Neyland's wins came from non-quality opponents (claiming wins over Maryville college is a joke). When looking at quality of competition, Fulmer is by far the best coach in UT history.

Reactions: 3 people

There are a lot of fans who love Bruce for what he did for UT. I hated to see him go. But some fans have to let it go. Our program moves on, and Bruce isn't coming back. While he did great things, we now have a coach who matched him with a regular season title. If you hang on to the past, you will miss the present.

Reactions: 8 people
There are a lot of fans who love Bruce for what he did for UT. I hated to see him go. But some fans have to let it go. Our program moves on, and Bruce isn't coming back. While he did great things, we now have a coach who matched him with a regular season title. If you hang on to the past, you will miss the present.

Pearl is in our past, and I'm pretty sure he is going to stay that way. I also think he will be in Auburn's past real soon. I liked him, and will always remember the good times, but he is a very flawed in character (like most of us), and I think that will cause the end of his coaching career soon.

As for Fulmer, I really enjoyed his run, but was ready for him to go when he was replaced. I never really understood the desire to bring him back in some capacity, and never thought he would be our AD. Now that he is, I am very surprised, and must admit how wrong I was about that. He has caused a much needed change in the culture of UT Sports, and I hope he can keep it going. I'm all in, for now.

A large portion of Neyland's wins came from non-quality opponents (claiming wins over Maryville college is a joke). When looking at quality of competition, Fulmer is by far the best coach in UT history.

You do realize in the early 20th century Maryville, Sewanee, Vanderbilt and Tulane were world beaters?

In fact, the best college team ever built was a Sewanee team... that destroyed Tennessee and several other current SEC teams, right?

This is not the same era. But what Neyland understood then is why great teams win now. Speed, then intelligence, then strength, then everything else for players.

Edited because drunk me had some typos

Last edited:

Wait, does this mean we won't be moving back to Stokely Athletic Center?

All fall short of the Glory of God. We tend to be less forgiving of spotlight people. Politicians, preachers, coaches...we tend to hold others to a tougher measuring stick. When we measure anyone by one set of scales and ourselves with another, we are simply not being just. I’m happy for coach pearl, all things have consequences he knows that, but he deserves congrats for this season and his comments. I’m glad the Father remembers we are dust and doesn’t think like some men.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back