Refs

Was one of the worst called games I’ve seen since the NC State game on Thursday. But I really thought the refs left a black mark on that game. Shame

Reactions: 4 people
That last foul (and the third one) on Williams was a disgrace. He got fouled going up for the shot, fell to the ground, and the rebounder fell over him.

Reactions: 6 people
I’ve seen plenty of bad officiated games but a lot of these calls were absolutely ridiculous

It’s a shame Williams had to sit out the rest of the game over a horrendous foul call.

The NCAA seriously needs to look into this more.

Reactions: 9 people
Also, is it really a foul to fall on the floor and have another player trip on you?

Reactions: 1 person
And all the video reviews. It was absolutely pathetic. These guys were a joke and don’t belong reffing major conference basketball

Reactions: 5 people
Karl Hess is laughably bad at his job. No idea how he stays employed at this level of basketball. If the home fans get after him he always follows it up with a call to spite them even more. Dude has no business being allowed to officiate these games.

Reactions: 3 people
All the SEC refs needs to be fired and the SEC should be embarrassed with what they have working these games. Not just Tenn games but just pick one and its bad. SEC coaches should be pissed with what is going on

0n the whole I thought the officials did a good job of letting the teams play in a very physical game. Did I agree with every call? H#ll no! But having been a basketball official in a former life I' d give these guys a passing grade. To put it in prospective don't you think the Georgia faithful are wanting a call on Alexander's slapping of the ball away which effectively won the game for Tennessee? Referees make mistakes just like players and coaches but the 3 guys working this game just wanted the best team to win..i guarantee it.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, is it really a foul to fall on the floor and have another player trip on you?

If there is contact and advantage gained then yes. Close call could have gone either way. Had not Grant committed two silly fouls prior it wouldn't have mattered.

As long as college refs are part-time and have no accountability, then what we see every game will continue.
The refs didn’t favor UGA, they are just so inconsistent that the players do not know what to expect and play tentative. Tonight is the same junk we see every game in college basketball.
They are beyond criticism. If a coach says anything then he is fined and if an announcer says anything then they are out of work. Coaches and announcers know it

0n the whole I thought the officials did a good job of letting the teams play in a very physical game. Did I agree with every call? H#ll no! But having been a basketball official in a former life I' d give these guys a passing grade. To put it in prospective don't you think the Georgia faithful are wanting a call on Alexander's slapping of the ball away which effectively won the game for Tennessee? Referees make mistakes just like players and coaches but the 3 guys working this game just wanted the best team to win..i guarantee it.

I think you summed it up well... very physical game by Georgia, and that was the plan. Very effective D and I just was impressed TN hung in there. Was actually surprised they pulled it out.

I cannot find it. Maybe someone can. Brian Shea was the bald official, and I don't think he has been in the SEC pool very long. I distinctly remember a bald official in the game against College of Charleston in 2011 when Bruce was ejected. It was terribly officiated. That guy should never be allowed back in TBA. Fulmer should call the SEC office and request the Al Matthews treatment.

Karl Hess was kicked out of the ACC for using a racial slur, and I think he got into it with Tom Gugliotta on the sideline one time when Gugliotta was there as an alum. Those are the kind of officials that we are getting.

It's not consistent though. The last call on Grant should have never been made. Dane was correct that if it doesn't cause a turnover then don't call it. Grant gets no respect when he actually fundamentally gets correct position.

Karl Hess. He is a disgrace to college basketball. Honesty he needs to reprimanded for his officiating. Right when I saw Hess come out to the court I knew that it was gonna get nasty.

3 team out there today.

vols
dogs
Refs

Refs were by far the worst team.

That crew should be doing HS work.

Bunch of BS right here

Reactions: 7 people

This has nothing to do with that job.

Also, they sucked.

VN Store

Back