Arkansas +1600
Texas A&M +1600
LSU +2500
Georgia+5000
South Carolina +5000
Ole Miss +10000
Vanderbilt +10000

Reactions: 3 people
Regardless of the results of this week’s reg season I’d bet on Miss St or Ala to win the SECt. Ala has the athletes. Reminds me of the Ga team with Vern Flemming. MSU has an excellent tournament coach with good guard play. Guard play is what wins come tournament time. Both SECt and NCAA

sure I want them to go as far as possible but, you know, I've had so much fun watching this team this year anything else is icing on the cake to me...:thumbsup:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
via oddshark

Odds to win the SEC Tournament (BetOnline):

Auburn +350
Tennessee +400
Mississippi State +700
Kentucky+500
Alabama +1000
Florida +1000
Missouri +1400
Arkansas +1600
Texas A&M +1600
LSU +2500
Georgia+5000
South Carolina +5000
Ole Miss +10000
Vanderbilt +10000

Did this come out before Auburn lost their starting Center? They are going to have a hard time holding on to the regular season. We won't lose another SEC game this season. Saying that... What Bruce Pearl has done with that Auburn team is remarkable. Losing the two best players before the season, Asst. coach arrested, losing their best shooter and scorer (who is playing now at 70%), and then losing their starting center. Not to mention they're the smallest team around. Bruce is still the man! It is now the Vols time!

via oddshark

Odds to win the SEC Tournament (BetOnline):

Auburn +350
Tennessee +400
Mississippi State +700
Kentucky+500
Alabama +1000
Florida +1000
Missouri +1400
Arkansas +1600
Texas A&M +1600
LSU +2500
Georgia+5000
South Carolina +5000
Ole Miss +10000
Vanderbilt +10000

Florida at +1000 and A&M at +1600 look awfully tempting.

Missouri at +1400 isn't bad either if Porter comes back in time to play.

Just make the finals to improve our NCAA tournament seeding. At this stage that is all that is important (other than bragging rights which are meaningless.

Just make the finals to improve our NCAA tournament seeding. At this stage that is all that is important (other than bragging rights which are meaningless.

TBH I don't think that they take conference tourneys much into consideration for seeding.

TBH I don't think that they take conference tourneys much into consideration for seeding.

I think going deep in the conference tournament helps you more than getting bounced early hurts you, assuming you were solidly in to begin with.

Something is telling me Kentucky is somehow going to win. Their fans always travel well for this tournament and when you start everyone is back at 0-0. The SEC Tournament is the start of their season. I'm hoping we pull it out so we can have a shot at that 2 seed and get a favorable draw but we usually don't make it past the semis. I would consider making the Final a success.

Something is telling me Kentucky is somehow going to win. Their fans always travel well for this tournament and when you start everyone is back at 0-0. The SEC Tournament is the start of their season. I'm hoping we pull it out so we can have a shot at that 2 seed and get a favorable draw but we usually don't make it past the semis. I would consider making the Final a success.

Well they should be fresh and well rested. Interesting tho if they gel and put together a string of wins, win the SEC tourney and go deep in the tourney Calipari will probably win coach of the year or something.

Well they should be fresh and well rested. Interesting tho if they gel and put together a string of wins, win the SEC tourney and go deep in the tourney Calipari will probably win coach of the year or something.

Barnes took over a team who was predicted 13th in the SEC and Preseason Unranked.

He now has them 2nd in the SEC, (16th) AP Poll, possibly tied for 1st place depending on how Auburn finishes out their regular season.

UK was already a Preseason Top 10 team who had high expectations.

There’s no way to justify that Calipari would deserve Coach of The Year over Barnes.

Last edited:
Regardless of the results of this week’s reg season I’d bet on Miss St or Ala to win the SECt. Ala has the athletes. Reminds me of the Ga team with Vern Flemming. MSU has an excellent tournament coach with good guard play. Guard play is what wins come tournament time. Both SECt and NCAA

Alabama has lost 4 straight. Something tells me they're not peaking at the right time.

Would be amazing considering where we were picked. IDGAF if it’s shared or not.

With AU slipping a bit after losing a player, I think UT should clearly have the best odds as things stand now. I don't actually fully expect TN to win it, but we do have a great shot at it. But that can also be said for well over half of the SEC teams. IMO, 9 different teams realistically have a decent to good chance.

I can't think back and ever remember the SECT truly being this wide open. Either 1 of AU, UT, UF, UK, ARK, Mizzou, MSU, TX A&M, & Bama could end up champs. Nothing would surprise me.

Barnes took over a team who was predicted 13th in the SEC and Preseason Unranked.

He now has them 2nd in the SEC, (16th) AP Poll, possibly tied for 1st place depending on how Auburn finishes out their regular season.

UK was already a Preseason Top 10 team who had high expectations.

There’s no way to justify that Calipari would deserve Coach of The Year over Barnes.

Yeah I don't think Calipari deserves it over Barnes either. My point was Calipari's timing just before the tourney they start playing well, he's more well known than Barnes. And the basketball powers that be might let him steal it.

Would be amazing considering where we were picked. IDGAF if it’s shared or not.

pretty sure the actual tournament winner can't be shared...:p

I think Auburn will be one and done, which is fine by me (they need the rest bad). Tennessee should honestly have the best odds as of right now. Very likely they can at least make it to the championship, but I wouldn't be surprised to someone like Kentucky or Arkansas win when it's all said and done.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back