Unofficial TN v Georgia Bulldogs 3/3/2018 pre-game

Player # Class Pos Height Weight Hometown High School Summary

Yante Maten 1 SR F 6-8 240 Pontiac, MI Bloomfield Hills HS 19.5 Pts, 8.7 Reb, 1.6 Ast

William Jackson II 0 JR G 6-2 185 Athens, GA Athens Christian 9.0 Pts, 2.3 Reb, 3.8 Ast

Juwan Parker 3 SR G 6-4 200 Tulsa, OK Booker T. Washington HS 8.7 Pts, 3.9 Reb, 1.2 Ast

Derek Ogbeide 34 JR F 6-8 240 Atlanta, GA Pebblebrook HS 7.4 Pts, 5.9 Reb, 0.6 Ast

Rayshaun Hammonds 20 FR F 6-8 227 Norcross, GA 6.7 Pts, 5.0 Reb, 1.5 Ast

Tyree Crump 4 SO G 6-1 180 Bainbridge, GA Bainbridge High School 6.0 Pts, 1.1 Reb, 1.2 Ast

Nicolas Claxton 33 FR F 6-11 215 Greenville, SC 3.8 Pts, 3.5 Reb, 0.1 Ast

Jordan Harris 2 SO G 6-4 185 Iron City, GA Seminole County middle-High School 3.7 Pts, 2.1 Reb, 0.8 Ast

TeShaun Hightower 10 FR G 6-4 180 Lithonia, GA 2.8 Pts, 1.2 Reb, 1.1 Ast

Mike Edwards 32 JR F 6-9 225 Westland, MI John Glenn HS 2.1 Pts, 2.0 Reb, 0.2 Ast

E'Torrion Wilridge 13 F 6-6 215 Beaumont, TX Beaumont Central High School 1.1 Pts, 1.1 Reb, 0.9 Ast

Pape Diatta 5 SR F 6-7 220 Senegal The Rock High School 1.5 Pts, 1.5 Reb, 0.4 Ast

Isaac Kante 30 FR F 6-7 236 Brooklyn, NY 1.3 Pts, 0.4 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Connor O'Neill 24 F 6-6 220 Roswell, GA Tilton School 0.5 Pts, 2.0 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Christian Harrison 11 JR G 6-5 180 Atlanta, GA Woodward Academy 0.0 Pts, 1.0 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Georgia shot 38 free throws. Tennessee shot 15.

TN fouled 27x and GA fouled 15x. But TN fouled late several times to extend the game.

Walker played 5 minutes and Pons played 3. Walker needs to rough up Maten this go around.

Ogbeide was 6-7 (16 points) and grabbed 11 rebounds. Only 4-7 FTs.

Tennessee vs. Georgia Box Score, February 17, 2018 | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Grant was 1-8 and fouled out. Only 1 defensive rebound in 25 minutes. I think that he'll be in redemption mode.

Williams fouled out.
Turner fouled out.
Bowden and Schofield had 4 fouls each.

TN only shot 15 free throws and missed 5.

Bone had 7 assists and zero TOs... but was 1-5 and no steals or rebounds.

Walker didn't grab any rebounds in his 5 minutes.

63 shots taken. 25 were 3-pointers. That's not good.

A lot of players didn't do very well yet TN kept the game within reach. 62-73 final.

12 assists on 22 made shots.

Alexander had 13 rebounds.

Turner had 14 points. But the rest of the bench (Fulkerson, Daniel, Walker, Pons) only scored 5. 10 deep rotation. Johnson and Darrington did not play.

Minutes played:
Bowden 36
Schofield 31
Alexander 27
Turner 26
Williams 25
Daniel 20
Bone 19
Fulk 8
Walker 5
Pons 3

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
With the way we're playing D and scholfield in beast mode, I think we take this game handily imo... Grant should have something to prove with the way he played against Georgia in their first meeting.

Making the trip to Knoxville from West TN for my first basketball game! I think I picked a good one to attend with SEC championship up for grabs.

Reactions: 7 people
That last Georgia games was right in the middle of what many of us were calling a slump. After watching Schofield go off the last couple of games I am now wondering if it was less about the team slumping than just continuing to try to run the offense through Williams even though he was being double teamed by two bigs every game. It looks like Barnes and the staff decided okay if you want to take Grant away Admiral will just hang 20+ on ya and we'll roll that way. It would be even better if Walker and Alexander can get to where they're scoring in double digits when teams try to take Williams or Schofield away. Walker looked the part last night. GBO

From the Official at Georgia game thread (updated):

Overall: UT leads, 93-61

In Knoxville: UT leads, 56-16

In Athens: UGA leads, 39-33

Neutral Sites: UGA leads, 6-4

Current Streak: GA has won 5

Last Meeting: UGA won, 73-62, in Athens, 2/17/2018

Rick Barnes vs. Georgia: 1-6

Rick Barnes vs. Mark Fox: Fox leads, 5-0

I hate that the home schedule is almost over. I've loved this season. Only lost to Bruce and Roy at home this year.

Win tomorrow and TN has the rare single digit in the loss column season.

Single digit loss seasons are pretty uncommon for UT. Pearl did it 3 out of 6 seasons. Jerry Green did it 3 out of 4 seasons. Devoe only did it once. Wettig, Houston, O'Neil, Peterson, Martin, and Tyndall had none. Barnes joins the club if TN beats GA tomorrow.

CRM had an amazing tenure. They played fewer games, but he only had double digit losses in his first season. TN was knocking at the door of the blue blood club when his health forced him out.

Mears also won at least 70% of games in 8 of his 15 years. That only happened once in the 21 years right after he stepped down.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/tennessee/[/b]

Last edited:
TN's current winning percentage (.759) is the 3rd best in the last 41 seasons. However, Pearl's 5th year (.757) will likely be better unless TN wins the SECT or NCAAT and has a deep run in the other (and beats GA).

Time to break the losing streak to Georgia and Fox.

UT needs to run all game long if possible and not let this become a half court type game.

Get Maten and Ogbeide in foul trouble and keep turnovers to a minimum.

Tennessee 80
Georgia 62

Go Big Orange.

Wish somebody would make this official....I've got a brush pile to burn.

Smoke them dawgs...GBO!!!!

With the way we're playing D and scholfield in beast mode, I think we take this game handily imo... Grant should have something to prove with the way he played against Georgia in their first meeting.

Hoping for the best. Preparing for....

iu

This is UT after all. Yeah...battered vol syndrome is strong with me. :blink:

Yankee's in-game thread isn't up. Dallas has been in self-imposed exile for a couple of weeks. SeniorDrill is in a rubber room somewhere. Newbies are coming out of the dark shadows. What's going on with the VN BBF?

Just need to outmanover their big men. They're bricks in the paint. Just need to go around them.

I donÂ’t believe this will be a cakewalk by any means. And I hope our players donÂ’t look past UGA. TheyÂ’re clearly a tough matchup for us. If we donÂ’t hustle and we let them beat us on the boards, they will have a shot. I think Vols win, but closer than the 9.5 points Vegas thinks

VN Store

Back