The Official #19 Tennessee @ Ole Miss Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#19 Tennessee Volunteers: 20-7 (10-5 SEC)

i

@

Ole Miss Rebels: 12-16 (5-10 SEC)

5a8cf82464c91.image.jpg

EB. 24 » THE PAVILION AT OLE MISS » OXFORD, MISS. » 12:01 PM CT

Line: UT -4
O/U: 144.5

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 137, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN.com

28_Game_Promo_Ole_Miss.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Overall: UT leads, 72-44

In Knoxville: UT leads, 42-12

In Oxford: Series tied, 25-25

Neutral Sites: UM leads, 7-5

Current Streak: Tennessee has won two straight

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 94-61, in Knoxville, 2/3/18

Barnes vs. Ole Miss: 2-2

Barnes vs. Madlock: No meetings

The Vols are rated No. 11 in the NCAA RPI. Ole Miss is No. 107.

Jordan Bone has a 3.4 assist/turnover ratio in SEC road games this season (24 assists, seven turnovers).
Per KenPom, Tennessee rates seventh nationally in defensive efficiency.

Tennessee ranks 31st nationally with 4.8 blocked shots per game.

Give the Vols 11 SEC victories for the first time since 2013-14.

Snap the Vols' three-game losing streak in Oxford and sand as UT's first victory at The Pavilion at Ole Miss.

Leave Rick Barnes nine wins shy of passing the legendary John Wooden on the NCAA's all-time Division I wins list. Wooden totaled 664 wins in 29 seasons.

Reactions: 3 people
A lot has changed in Oxford since the first matchup between UT and the Rebels just three weeks ago. One of the longest-tenured head coaches in the SEC, Andy Kennedy, announced his plans to resign at the conclusion of the season on Feb. 12. But he then stepped aside on Feb. 18. Tony Madlock has stepped in as the acting head coach at Ole Miss (12-16, 5-10 SEC) for the remainder of the season.

• Although the Rebels boast wins over Alabama, Florida and Missouri, all of which are currently tied for third in the league standings, Ole Miss has struggled over the past month, dropping seven of its last eight games.

• The lone win came on Tuesday night in overtime at Missouri in Madlock's first game as head coach. Breein Tyree scored 25 points, including a game-tying basket with three seconds left to force overtime. The Rebels upset the Tigers, 90-87.

• Deandre Burnett, a preseason All-SEC first-team selection, has been Ole Miss's best player this year. He currently ranks 15th in the SEC in scoring (14.3 ppg) and sixth in assists (4.1 apg). The senior guard has been the team's leading scorer in 10 games this season, more than any other player.

• Junior guard Terence Davis, who is averaging 13.2 ppg and 6.3 rpg, stands as the team leader in rebounds (176) and blocks (27). Burnett and Davis are joined by Tyree (10.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.6 apg) and Bruce Stevens (10.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.2 apg) as the Rebels' double-digit scorers.

• Like Tennessee, Ole Miss boasts a deep roster, with eight players averaging more than 15 minutes per game this season and six averaging at least 20 minutes a contest.

Reactions: 1 person
I am taking my 6 and 3 yr old to the game. This will be their first Vols game. They are excited as I am. Let's get a big W today!

Reactions: 4 people
Will be noon start in Oxford (CT) - hope the guys arent sleep walking for this one -- Go Vols

I’m heading to Oxford now. Looking forward to it! I anticipate other Memphis Vols will help sprinkle orange in the arena.

Reactions: 5 people
Let's just play with some intensity today and let the basketball God's figure out the rest.

Go Big Orange!

Schofield and Grant getting hot at the right time. Both of them boys fight today and re assert themselves as dominant leaders of the pack. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully our defense travels and we see a little more efficient of an offense, avoid doing what Missouri did and get the W...GBO!!!

Hopefully our defense travels and we see a little more efficient of an offense, avoid doing what Missouri did and get the W...GBO!!!

I wouldn’t mind seeing a reverse of the last few games, which would be a terrible defense but explosive offense and they win 95-88 or something like that.

I was just told that we have played on the road 5 of the last 6 Saturday's. That won't help attendance. Looks like we will play 4 home conference games on Saturday this year.

VN Store

Back