Tennessee is 8-21 the last three years after Feb. 1st

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Per Jimmy Hyams. Let’s hope we buck that trend this year.

Also of note: if Tennessee were to lose to Florida tomorrow night, we could fall from second in the SEC to as low as seventh.

Reactions: 5 people
Injuries (Punter back when, Fulky, Grant banged up) and our tradition of sorry play in the SECT has to be accounted for.

These should be 4 winnable games...well I just gave them the kiss of death.

Once you get to February and March, Jimmys and Joes win you more games than X's and O's (See most of Cal's UK teams as proof of this).

Due to all of the coaching attrition issues we had (Cuonzo, Tyndall), we didn't have enough talent/quality depth to win in Feb and March the past 2 seasons. Do we have the horses this year?

Certainly, the depth is much better.
But, little arguing this team appears to have hit a wall. The last few games have been the worst they've looked all year, when teams ought to be peaking.

I think UT was very fortunate as to when they caught some teams. Ta&m would take this group to the wood shed the way they've played their last three.

Grant looks to be impacted the most. Not elevating and getting flat owners down low.

Certainly, the depth is much better.
But, little arguing this team appears to have hit a wall. The last few games have been the worst they've looked all year, when teams ought to be peaking.

I think UT was very fortunate as to when they caught some teams. Ta&m would take this group to the wood shed the way they've played their last three.

Grant looks to be impacted the most. Not elevating and getting flat owners down low.

Whose peaking right now? Honest question.

Peaking is relative, so while still not great, MSU is playing their best basketball of the season.

The SEC is wild this year. Very different from years past where it's just dominated by UK and UF

Bruce and Cuonzo's teams seem to do better down the stretch. RB not so much. Tomorrow is a huge game in getting the confidence level back up

Duke, Houston, Penn St, MTSU, NC State, Loyola Chicago, Old Dominion

The top 3 teams in Conference USA could upset anyone in the NCAAs. I have seen the ODU team several times this year. They have made some noise in the tournament before, and Jeff Jones is a great coach.

VN Store

Back