Best case/worst case finishes

Vfl2407

Realistic Best Case (I know technically 4-0 is).
3-1 loss at Miss State
2-1 SEC Tourney loss in title game
This will give us a 4 seed in NCAA tourney.

Worst Case
1-3 win at Ole Miss or home UGA.
0-1 loss in quarterfinals
This will give us a 6 seed in NCAA tourney.

Your guesses?

Last edited:
We should go 3-1 at worst.

But if we don’t show up against UF, then 0-4 is a real possibility.

Word is that UF's confidence is in the tank and players are not trusting each other. Blowing late leads over and over. Tentative.

I think you blow them out.

Reactions: 1 person
So they should go 3-1, but if they lose to UF they will go 0-4?

I wasn’t aware that “a real possibility” == “will go”.

I’m not one of these jackass drive bys or people that only show up to b**** when we play bad.

Last edited:
And I thought I wore orange colored glasses...lol. :good!:

I still think 3-1 is most likely. So 4-0 is definitely a possibility.

I also think we probably end up as a 3 seed. And with the way everyone is losing to everyone else, there’s a possibility we could win the SECT and be a 2.

Worst case is 2-2 and to lose in the first round of the sect. If that were to happen, depending on what other teams do definitely don’t think any worse than a 5 seed. Maybe still a 4

Disappointed about the UGA loss, but this recent "disappointing" play is still far better than I imagined we'd get at the beginning of the season.

GBO, let's turn some heads in March!

I’m thinking 3-1...that game at Mississippi State isn’t going to be easy, much like Georgia last night they’re going be need that win if they want any chance of being in the discussion for a NCAAT at large bid

I’m thinking 3-1...that game at Mississippi State isn’t going to be easy, much like Georgia last night they’re going be need that win if they want any chance of being in the discussion for a NCAAT at large bid

You are right....we needed a win tonight and more than likely a win out to maintain the number 2 seed in the tourney. My fear is that the GA loss may have costs us the number 2 seed for the SEC tourney.

Head to Head if Missouri, Alabama, or Arkansas or Florida closes the gap of a 1 game lead in the next four remaining games.

we can beat it to death, but, honestly I have no idea how we'll play entering each game...I'm glad we're in 2nd place in SEC, but, I also wonder how in the heck did we get there...we gotta finish strong though...surely don't need a meltdown now...hope Coach B and staff can wake the boys up somehow, but we do have an undersized team trying to play with some bigger teams and it's tough and it can wear you down, but, as always...

GO VOLS!

We normally play better and shoot better at Home. And unlike Georgia and Bama, we tend to play well vs Florida.

I’m feeling 2-2 and a 4-seed is about right.... this team has overachieved as it is.... and what we’re seeing is a reversion-to-the-mean....

We need to win these next 4 games period. Florida, Arkansas, Bama, and Missouri are all a game behind and all of them except UF own the tiebreaker over us. This team has played very well all year and sadly has picked a bad time to slump. They have looked pretty bad these last 3 games.

I will admit that when CRB was first hired I thought that he was just here to earn a paycheck and finish out his career with a few average season's. However this year has changed my opinion of him and I think he will get on them and will have them ready to go against Florida. Tennessee is better than the remaining 4 teams and I fully expect them to win out and keep their 2nd place spot in the conference. I also expect them to be there in the SEC championship game too and hopefully make a nice run in the Dance to set up another strong year next year when we return just about the entire team. I think the future is looking up and the more UT wins the chances of signing the top players will start to increase.

Realistic Best Case (I know technically 4-0 is).
3-1 loss at Miss State
2-1 SEC Tourney loss in title game
This will give us a 4 seed in NCAA tourney.

Worst Case
1-3 win at Ole Miss or home UGA.
0-1 loss in quarterfinals
This will give us a 6 seed in NCAA tourney.

Your guesses?

If Your worst case scenario happens, I think we are a 7 seed at best.

We always get up for the Gators at home, I know they're a top half of the league team but it should be fun. But right now I'm betting on a loss @ MSU, and even Ole Miss has me worried. Last game of the year against the dawgs... we better be motivated to get revenge! I hope someone throws Ogbeide's antics back in his face, dude needs some humility.

My guess is 3-1, ill have to see the draw in the SEC tournament but 1-1 seems about right. Dreaded 5 seed in the NCAAs...maybe that will get our attention to be on upset alert.

I wasn’t aware that “a real possibility” == “will go”.

I’m not one of these jackass drive bys or people that only show up to b**** when we play bad.

I was interested in what you meant. Are you saying that a loss to UF could completely deflate this team?

we can beat it to death, but, honestly I have no idea how we'll play entering each game...I'm glad we're in 2nd place in SEC, but, I also wonder how in the heck did we get there...we gotta finish strong though...surely don't need a meltdown now...hope Coach B and staff can wake the boys up somehow, but we do have an undersized team trying to play with some bigger teams and it's tough and it can wear you down, but, as always...

GO VOLS!

I think the two wins against Kentucky got us there. For some reason, we won both of them. Lose both of them (which I bet everyone expected before the start of the season) and our record reflects what we are, a middle of the pack SEC team, NCAAT bubble team. That's still good compared to what was originally expected but seems bad now. But those two Kentucky wins - that's been our ticket. Hats off to the team for pulling them off and getting us all over excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word is that UF's confidence is in the tank and players are not trusting each other. Blowing late leads over and over. Tentative.

I think you blow them out.

It's possible we beat Florida ....cuz Barnes teams do win the occasional surprise game....but what Barnes has done his ENTIRE career is win big the 1st half of a season...get figured out...then out-coached and beaten the rest of the way. We're seeing it play out...AGAIN.

This team doesn't deserve to be in the top 25. They've been exposed. It's what Barnes does best. Get u excited..build up hope and then slowly (at first) decline...then go into all out freefall to wrap up the season. It's who he is and what he does.

VN Store

Back