BTO’s Georgia postgame report

bleedingTNorange

I may come back and add more after cooling off but to me that was one of the more disappointing games of the year, maybe because of all the other losses around us and opportunity if we had won.

5-10 from the line is bad

Someone told me Derek Ogbeide was nothing to worry about, he single handidly whooped our guys ass inside...15&11 and still counting.

Heck of a night from Kyle Alexander, arguably one of his best as a Vol.

On the flip side Grant Williams was equally as bad as Alexander was good...he was owned by Maten/Ogbeide/Claxton on the inside. We made our run with him out of the game and that run ended as soon as he came back into the ball game.

This game is now 4 in a row in which we haven’t played well, sure we are 2-2 but easily could be 0-4 in that stretch. I’m not sure what it is that is effecting this team right now but they may wanna figure it out or they’re going to lose a couple more before this season is over.

Reactions: 9 people
Point on Alexander and Williams.

As we've talked about before this is the type of performance as to why Alexander is showing up on mock draft boards for 2019.

Williams as we've discussed before this is another game that shows why Grant won't be an NBA player. He's a great college player but any size and get dominated inside against unfortunately.

Reactions: 6 people
I may come back and add more after cooling off but to me that was one of the more disappointing games of the year, maybe because of all the other losses around us and opportunity if we had won.

Someone told me Derek Ogbeide was nothing to worry about, he single handidly whooped our guys ass inside...15&11 and still counting.

On the flip side Grant Williams was equally as bad as Alexander was good...he was owned by Maten/Ogbeide/Claxton on the inside. We made our run with him out of the game and that run ended as soon as he came back into the ball game.

This game is now 4 in a row in which we haven’t played well, sure we are 2-2 but easily could be 0-4 in that stretch. I’m not sure what it is that is effecting this team right now but they may wanna figure it out or they’re going to lose a couple more before this season is over.

This stood out to me as well. Seems like when hes in the game we try to force it to him and the ball doesnt move as well.

Reactions: 2 people
It was a piss poor effort and completely unacceptable after having our asses handed to us last Saturday.

This team better get its s*** together quickly or the end of the season will leave a terrible taste in everyone’s mouths in a season we should be happy about.

Reactions: 5 people
Should’ve pushed the pace more in the game. Georgia was one of the lowest scoring teams in the SEC coming in. Push the pace and wear them down early then later on their bigs would’ve been out of the game.

Reactions: 3 people
I’m getting tired of going small against bigger teams, especially defensively down the stretch. Multiple times tonight we got the stop we needed but couldn’t get the board. Seems we’re stuck with the lineup of Daniels turner Bowden admiral and grant at the end of games. Need to get Alexander and/or Bone in that group for Daniel.

Team peaked 2 weeks ago

I think the SEC has figured out a way to guard Williams, and we go however Grant goes. Second week in row we could have taken over 1st place.

Reactions: 5 people

I would take 2-2 these last 4

Reactions: 1 person
I’m getting tired of going small against bigger teams, especially defensively down the stretch. Multiple times tonight we got the stop we needed but couldn’t get the board. Seems we’re stuck with the lineup of Daniels turner Bowden admiral and grant at the end of games. Need to get Alexander and/or Bone in that group for Daniel.

Alexander not being in on Georgias possession where they got two offensive rebounds and the three is coaching malpractice. I love Barnes but he does goofy stuff with his lineups

1. Officiating was terrible.

2. Rebounding by our bigs was terrible outside of Alexander.

3. Shooting was terrible.

4. I hate Georgia.

Reactions: 7 people
We've had a very good season...better than I thought when the season started. I've kept my excitement down the past 2-3 weeks because when it comes to UT I've read the book before with late season disappearing acts. Very well could lose 2-3 more games the next 2 weeks.

Grant can't handle the size and athleticism of the better post players. Daniel has not been playing well either. Every single time Fulkerson enters the game the opposing team get easy buckets.

Ugly game. Very disappinting. Haven't played well since the Bama beatdown. Was hoping we could get to a 3 seed to drop to the bottom of a brack instead of having to play a no.1. Bigger problems to fix right now though.

No fight at all, I wanted to punch ogbeidie all night..to bad modify else cared that he was plunking us. This team is struggling. I hate to say it but we look like a one and done team in the ncaas

No fight at all, I wanted to punch ogbeidie all night..to bad modify else cared that he was plunking us. This team is struggling. I hate to say it but we look like a one and done team in the ncaas
Having said that, the rest of the SEC leaders looked turrible today too. UF, Auburn, and Mizzou were pretty bad today.

VN Store

Back