Don't miss out

BruinVol

I have A simple message

Don't miss out:

Don't miss out celebrating this great year.

Sure we are at a point where we are expecting Elite play game after game, minute after minute, and possession after possession but it isn't fair to ourselves as fans to focus on the those instances where we don't have live up to that kind of play and forget to enjoy this!

We just beat a program that went to the final 4 a year for the season sweep.

We damn sure need to enjoy the fact we are ONE game for a 20 win season.

Go Big Freakikg Orange!!!!

Reactions: 9 people
It isn't a black/white thing; you can enjoy the season but still point out they didn't perform well.

I'm going to bet Barnes isn't telling them how great they are right now.

Reactions: 2 people
It isn't a black/white thing; you can enjoy the season but still point out they didn't perform well.

I'm going to bet Barnes isn't telling them how great they are right now.

Oh I completely agree. Heck I had the thread complaining about a few things at Kentucky

My issues is and it might be flawed but it seems tonight Posters didn't enjoy winning and if that is the case that is BS

Reactions: 1 person
i was thinking we'd finish 5-1. after that 3-3 is possible. I'll take the W though and cellerbrate.

Oh I completely agree. Heck I had the thread complaining about a few things at Kentucky

My issues is and it might be flawed but it seems tonight Posters didn't enjoy winning and if that is the case that is BS

Mine is more spur of the moment because the game just happened. In an hour I'll be fine.

But I really hope we don't play badly Saturday, or else the questions of this team peaking 2 weeks ago will start creeping up.

i was thinking we'd finish 5-1. after that 3-3 is possible. I'll take the W though and cellerbrate.

TBH I think you and many of us have undersold the value of familiarity. Teams knows us and they have really good players. It's a grind and that's expected

I've really enjoyed this season. We've done some great things (Purdue, winning at Rupp) and the computers love us...but I'm just going to point this out: with the standings as of tonight we have not beaten a single team with a winning record in league play. Our only chance to achieve that may be against the Gators or if MSU keeps things up.

I've really enjoyed this season. We've done some great things (Purdue, winning at Rupp) and the computers love us...but I'm just going to point this out: with the standings as of tonight we have not beaten a single team with a winning record in league play. Our only chance to achieve that may be against the Gators or if MSU keeps things up.

How many games have we played against teams with a winning record in the SEC?

How many games have we played against teams with a winning record in the SEC?

Exactly. It's kinda hard to do when you're in 2nd and 3rd place has a losing record. (Or whatever the highest ranked below us we've played).

Edit: there are more. But still, so much whining about the 2nd place Vols.

Last edited:
Mine is more spur of the moment because the game just happened. In an hour I'll be fine.

But I really hope we don't play badly Saturday, or else the questions of this team peaking 2 weeks ago will start creeping up.

I think the blowout loss against Bama hurt this team’s confidence.

Not saying I’m excusing them for their poor performance tonight but you can tell they’re not trusting each other like they were at the beginning of the season.

Barnes needs to reboot this team’s chemistry.

Ok.
Yea we suck then

If that and the last 2 games don't give you some concern...well all I'm saying is we could get exposed come tournament time. On the other hand we were predicted to finish 13th. I'm happy with where we are overall, but can see a potential hard fall from grace coming.

If that and the last 2 games don't give you some concern...well all I'm saying is we could get exposed come tournament time. On the other hand we were predicted to finish 13th. I'm happy with where we are overall, but can see a potential hard fall from grace coming.

Vol in a land that doesn't exist,

There is no fall from grace coming as this team making the tourney makes this year a resounding success regardless of what happens in the ncaa

Reactions: 4 people
Vol in a land that doesn't exist,

There is no fall from grace coming as this team making the tourney makes this year a resounding success regardless of what happens in the ncaa

You and I have different standards for this team. So if we lose to a 13 or 12 seed you'll be totally satisfied? I guess you can celebrate right along with Winthrop and Montana when they get throttled on the opening day of the tourney.

You and I have different standards for this team. So if we lose to a 13 or 12 seed you'll be totally satisfied? I guess you can celebrate right along with Winthrop and Montana when they get throttled on the opening day of the tourney.

I expected this team to be a bubble team at best and hoped they could be on the right side of the bubble. We have exceeded that expectation by a landslide so yes I am happy with this team regardless of what happens on one day

I am curious where is "Vandy land"?

On the flip side we haven’t lost to a single team that doesn’t have a winning SEC record...how many SEC teams can say that?

I expected this team to be a bubble team at best and hoped they could be on the right side of the bubble. We have exceeded that expectation by a landslide so yes I am happy with this team regardless of what happens on one day

I am curious where is "Vandy land"?

It's quite literally the land that they own. I'm deep behind enemy lines....

Using the winning/losing record thing is kinda crazy imo. Are you subtracting the games they played against us? Because teams with winning records have 1 extra win and teams with losing records have 1-2 extra losses from us.

I was just pointing it out. Against teams at the top of the standing, we have not done well. Of course that is also partially a by product of us having done well, and the fact that we play none of those teams twice. But if you pointed a similar phenomenon out for say a Duke (not saying that's the case with them)... people (I would anyways) use it to view them with caution come tournament time.

VN Store

Back