Impressed by Bama

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
I hadn’t watched Alabama play this year, but was shocked at how talented they are. They have several superior athletes who will be drafted, while the Vols would be lucky to have 1. I’m betting Sexton is a 1 and done first rounder. Hall should go in the 1st 3 rounds. Their other guard has a good chance to be drafted as well.

The difference between a good college player and a great one is the ability to take it to the hole and finish in traffic. IMO, the Vols’ guards struggle mightily on finishing at the hole. Our guards appear scared to take it to the rack. It doesnt matter if its a breakaway or contested. Take it to the rack and get fouled!

I’m not sure why the coach loves and plays 1 player who comes in and can’t compete at this level, while the other guy who comes in plays great on defense, rebounds and shoots well ......then gets yanked quickly when he plays well....baffling.

Reactions: 1 person
Alabama is very talented. They lack discipline and focus at times, and is probably a reflection of poor coaching. That fact is represented in their 5-1 record vs top-25 teams.

Sexton is a top-15 pick. FWIW, there are only two rounds in the NBA Draft.

Reactions: 3 people
I liked Johnson's answer when the media mentioned Final 4 in reference to his team after they beat us.
Dumb media F****.

Avery Johnson has recruited well there. That could be a team to watch down the stretch. AU, Bammer, aTm, UK all have superior athletes. We have better court coaching and team first play.

That said, the sentiments of supersmo are well taken.

you mean beside the fact Bama is bigger and faster, couldn't hardly miss and we looked an ad for geriatrics and couldn't hit the broad side of an Alabama barn...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Bama was a bad matchup for us and they played well. Our perimeter defense has lacked at times and Sexton is a Top 10 pick and might be the most talented guard in the country (He outplayed Trae Young in head to head game). Sometimes you get favorable matchups against better teams (like we did against Purdue) and sometimes you get unfavorable ones against teams not as good as you are (like us against Bama).

And the crazy thing about Bama and their talent. They lost a "role player" and he is going to be the CUSA plAyer of the year. Scored 32 and had 13 boards Saturday.

Last edited:
And the crazy thing about Bama and their talent. They lost a "roll player" and he is going to be the CUSA plAyer of the year. Scored 32 and had 13 boards Saturday.

Homemade-Hawaiian-Bread-Rolls-02.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
I hadn’t watched Alabama play this year, but was shocked at how talented they are. They have several superior athletes who will be drafted, while the Vols would be lucky to have 1. I’m betting Sexton is a 1 and done first rounder. Hall should go in the 1st 3 rounds. Their other guard has a good chance to be drafted as well.

The difference between a good college player and a great one is the ability to take it to the hole and finish in traffic. IMO, the Vols’ guards struggle mightily on finishing at the hole. Our guards appear scared to take it to the rack. It doesnt matter if its a breakaway or contested. Take it to the rack and get fouled!

I’m not sure why the coach loves and plays 1 player who comes in and can’t compete at this level, while the other guy who comes in plays great on defense, rebounds and shoots well ......then gets yanked quickly when he plays well....baffling.

You know there is only 2 rounds in the NFL draft....

Bama plays school yard ball. Hard to see them actually running set plays. They are taller and more athletic than we are. They are our worst nightmare matchup wise. Even worse playing in the Gump dome. Hope we don't play them again this season.

Reactions: 2 people
Bama plays school yard ball. Hard to see them actually running set plays. They are taller and more athletic than we are. They are our worst nightmare matchup wise. Even worse playing in the Gump dome. Hope we don't play them again this season.

They did look good, but our Vols helped by playing their worst game of the season.

Can’t figure out how we manage to lose to a school from a state where most people can’t even tie their shoes...

VN Store

Back