The Official #15 Tennessee @ Alabama Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#15 Tennessee Volunteers: 18-5 (8-3 SEC)

schofield-uk-game2.jpg

@

Alabama Crimson Tide: 15-9 (6-5 SEC)

10556125.jpg

FEB. 10 » COLEMAN COLISEUM » TUSCALOOSA, ALA. » 6:01 PM ET

Line: UT -2.5
O/U: 139

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 137, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN.com

24_Game_Promo_Alabama.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Overall: Alabama leads, 78-68

In Knoxville: UT leads, 46-22

In Tuscaloosa: UA leads, 44-18

Neutral Sites: UA leads, 12-4

Current Streak: UT has won one

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 59-54, in Tuscaloosa, 3/4/17

Rick Barnes vs. Alabama: 1-2

Rick Barnes vs. Avery Johnson: Tied, 1-1

Reactions: 3 people
• Tennessee ranks eighth nationally in average home attendance, having drawn 15,981 fans through 12 home games at Thompson-Boling Arena.

• During its six-game win streak, Tennessee is allowing just 58.5 ppg and has not surrendered more than 63 points.

• Per KenPom.com, Tennessee rates in the national top 30 in both offensive (27th) and defensive (4th) efficiency.

• The Vols are rated No. 10 in the NCAA RPI and own the nation's third-rated SOS, per KenPom.com.

• Give Tennessee a seven-game overall win streak (its longest since 2010-11) and a six-game win streak in SEC play (its longest since 2012-13).

• Give the Vols back-to-back victories over Alabama for the first time since 2009 and 2010.

• Give Tennessee seven true road wins in nine tries this season. The Vols haven't won seven true road games since winning 10 in 2007-08.

• Under the direction of third-year head coach Avery Johnson, the Crimson Tide (15-9, 6-5 SEC) currently rank tied for fourth in the SEC standings and 42nd in the NCAA's latest RPI listing.

• During the non-conference slate, Alabama earned wins over BYU, Lipscomb and Memphis in the first month of season. The Tide followed up its hot start with huge victories over current RPI top-20 teams in Rhode Island (#6) and Oklahoma (#19), both of which occurred in Coleman Coliseum.

• In SEC play, Alabama boasts a 4-1 record at home and snagged wins over Auburn, who is first in the standings, and an 18-point road win at Florida.

• SEC Freshman of the Year candidate Collin Sexton has been Alabama's best player this season. The first-year guard is third in the SEC in scoring with 18.6 ppg to go along with 3.8 rpg, 3.3 apg and 1.1 spg. Against Minnesota, Sexton dropped 40 points on 12-of-22 shooting for the conference's highest scoring mark by an individual this season.

• Donta Hall is the team's second-leading scorer at 10.8 ppg and anchors the defense with 7.0 rpg and 2.3 bpg to lead the Tide. Hall ranks in the top 10 in the SEC in both blocks (third) and rebounding (seventh).

• John Petty (10.7 ppg) and Dazon Ingram (10.3 ppg) round out the double-digit scorers for Alabama. Petty is the team's leading shooter from beyond the arc, knocking down 61 treys on the year. Dazon averages 6.0 rpg and 2.8 apg.

• In its last outing, the Crimson Tide fell on the road at Mississippi State, 67-63. Sexton led the way with 18 points, but he and Petty combined to make just 1-of-14 from 3-point range. Despite making just 18 field goals the whole game, Alabama was able to stay within striking distance by going 24-of-30 from the charity stripe.

• Prior to arriving at Alabama, Johnson played 16 seasons in the NBA, winning an NBA title with the San Antonio Spurs, and subsequently served as the head coach of the Dallas Mavericks from 2005-08 and the Brooklyn Nets from 2010-12. He earned NBA Coach of the Year honors in 2006.

Reactions: 2 people
Overall: Alabama leads, 78-68

In Knoxville: UT leads, 46-22

In Tuscaloosa: UA leads, 44-18

Neutral Sites: UA leads, 12-4

Current Streak: UT has won one

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 59-54, in Tuscaloosa, 3/4/17

Rick Barnes vs. Alabama: 1-2

Rick Barnes vs. Avery Johnson: Tied, 1-1

The game was in Knoxville last year.

Reactions: 4 people
I think this could be our toughest game left in the regular season. Key to the game will be can one of our guards stop Sexton and keep him in front of them. Hopefully Bone and Turner can tag team. Would be a great win if we can pull of off.

Playing with house money in this one, would make for some of the best days in the B-Ball forum if they were to find a way to win it though. GBO!!!

This doesn’t happen often and I’m not trying to jinx anything, but I got a pretty good feeling about this game today for some reason. Actually when I go to think about the reason, there are several. I’ve grown in my confidence with this bunch. Vols get a gritty win on the road today 69-60. GBO

Sure am hoping for a win today! It's going to rain all day down here so if you are going to the game leave early and take your time, I thought people back home drove crazy but Bama fans behind a steering wheel.... They are absolute Idiots!

Go VOLS!

This doesn’t happen often and I’m not trying to jinx anything, but I got a pretty good feeling about this game today for some reason. Actually when I go to think about the reason, there are several. I’ve grown in my confidence with this bunch. Vols get a gritty win on the road today 69-60. GBO

I hope you are right, because as many have said this is going to be a battle.

Road games are tough, especially since its Bama. I expect a close game decided in the last seconds or UT win by 6 or 8 points. I don't see Bama winning by any large margin unless they shoot 6 for 6 from 3 point range in the 1st half or something crazy like that. Should be a great game to watch, Barnes has done his job.

I didn’t realize we were as bad against Bama in basketball as football

VN Store

Back