2-3 vs Bama

berryvol

Anyone else think we'll see a zone for most of Saturday, especially if the tide start the game shooting poorly? Sexton terrifies me, considering we have shown an inability to stop quick pg's off the dribble, and bama's ball movement is certainly a weak point. They also have been streaky this year from outside, no one in their rotation shoots over 37% from deep and they only shoot .322 as a team.

Reactions: 1 person
They should just run the old box and 1 we used to run in elementary/middle school to guard the kid that hit puberty a few years early.

Reactions: 2 people
I like our chances IF Grant, Kyle, and Admiral stay out of foul trouble. I have not seen enough of Bama this year to form an opinion.

They should just run the old box and 1 we used to run in elementary/middle school to guard the kid that hit puberty a few years early.

Key will light us up if we go box on Sexton.

Better off straight man with the big helping.

Reactions: 1 person
I like our chances IF Grant, Kyle, and Admiral stay out of foul trouble. I have not seen enough of Bama this year to form an opinion.

Sexton is very quick off the dribble. He can get to the rim with ease. Herb Jones will also be one to watch, he's a long 3 with good ball handling skills and a decent jump shot, especially for his size. I feel confident in Admiral or Williams to be quick enough to handle him off the bounce though. Alexander needs to have a good day helping at the rim, coupled with weak side rebounding. Dante Hall can be a monster inside

Well they're easily the worst 3pt shooting team in the conference.

And looking at the teams they've faced this year the ones who regularly run the zone have had a lot of success. UT Arlington ran it against and came within a point of winning. Minnesota ran it and won, Mercer ran it and came within a point. Ole Miss ran it and won.

So the question is how well you can run it.

And looking at the teams they've faced this year the ones who regularly run the zone have had a lot of success. UT Arlington ran it against and came within a point of winning. Minnesota ran it and won, Mercer ran it and came within a point. Ole Miss ran it and won.

This is true, although I'd definitely say Minnesota is an anomaly. They we're playing against 3 people lol

Sexton is very quick off the dribble. He can get to the rim with ease. Herb Jones will also be one to watch, he's a long 3 with good ball handling skills and a decent jump shot, especially for his size. I feel confident in Admiral or Williams to be quick enough to handle him off the bounce though. Alexander needs to have a good day helping at the rim, coupled with weak side rebounding. Dante Hall can be a monster inside

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure any of those ran the zone any better than we could.

I am not sure we are going to need it to win though. We are way better on defense than they are on offense. As long as we get some shots to fall...I actually think we could run away with this one.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone else think we'll see a zone for most of Saturday, especially if the tide start the game shooting poorly? Sexton terrifies me, considering we have shown an inability to stop quick pg's off the dribble, and bama's ball movement is certainly a weak point. They also have been streaky this year from outside, no one in their rotation shoots over 37% from deep and they only shoot .322 as a team.

We'll just slap Fulk on his full time. He'll be locked down. Vols by 20!

We didn't play any defense around Bama unless you call the stand around and watch a defense.

VN Store

Back