ESPN BPI projecting Tennessee at 24-6 and a No. 2 seed

So 95% chance we get 3 seed or better? Would go down as a top 3 regular season in Tennessee Basketball history, I’ll take it.

Reactions: 13 people
It's more likely to be a two seed if we hang together over the last 7 games. Make it to the finals of the SEC tourney and we could well become a one seed.

I find it very hard to believe that we have a better chance of getting a 1 seed than we do of getting a 3 seed.

I don’t care if we’re a 16 seed as long as we’re in

Obviously being a top 3 seed would be sweet

Reactions: 1 person
We're getting a #1 seed. Book it.

*Don't actually book it. But if we do, remember I said to and not this part.

Reactions: 13 people
This is from Team Rankings (they're projecting 23-7 and have us as favorites in the SECT). BPI may be a little more accurate, so it is probably somewhere in between. Which would still suggest that we're most likely to get a 2 seed. Pretty crazy.

I just can't bank on us winning the SECT. Especially this year with as competitive as the SEC has been, and also our relatively poor track record. We've only ever won it once, and only reached the final game on two other occasions. Or, maybe that means we're due.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Attachments

• 02FF46B8-B4FF-41F1-AECA-95069CFD8888.jpg
    02FF46B8-B4FF-41F1-AECA-95069CFD8888.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 4 people
I don’t care if we’re a 16 seed as long as we’re in

Obviously being a top 3 seed would be sweet

No kidding!

Remember just a few short months ago some of the more pessimistic posters were predicting the NIT at best?

What a difference playing as a team can make! Go Vols!

This is good press for the school considering where we were a few months ago. They need to promote the basketball team more, imho.

No kidding!

Remember just a few short months ago some of the more pessimistic posters were predicting the NIT at best?

What a difference playing as a team can make! Go Vols!

Anyone who was predicting us to be in the position we are in now were either just giving D4H level predictions or they are lying to you. Remarkable the job Barnes and the team have done so far this season.

We're getting a #1 seed. Book it.*

*Don't actually book it. But if we do, remember I said to and not this part.

I already booked it after reading your first line.
It's in The Book in indelible ink now.
I'm ignoring your second line because it's too late to change my mind.

And I'll hold you personally accountable if the Vols don't get a 1 seed and ask the moderator to put you on double-secret Volnation till next season.

So there.
That's what you get for being optimistic around here, mister.
Sort of.

Reactions: 3 people
I already booked it after reading your first line.
It's in The Book in indelible ink now.
I'm ignoring your second line because it's too late to change my mind.

And I'll hold you personally accountable if the Vols don't get a 1 seed and ask the moderator to put you on double-secret Volnation till next season.

So there.
That's what you get for being optimistic around here, mister.
Sort of.

Then I will invoke the D4H clause; which is....I'll just say "Nu-uh".

So according to this post we have an 81% chance of getting a 2 seed or better! Wow! I mean Wow! Let that sink in for a few.

We are Tennessee we might not play football anymore but bring on Kentucky, we are a basketball school didn't think i would live long enough to say this but we can play some round ball with anybody.:)

VN Store

Back