Unofficial TN @ Alabama Crimson Tide 2/10/2018 pre-game.

Player # Class Pos Height Weight Hometown High School Summary
:popcorn:
Collin Sexton 2 FR G 6-3 190 Mableton, GA 18.6 Pts, 3.8 Reb, 3.3 Ast

John Petty 23 FR G 6-5 195 Huntsville, AL 10.7 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 1.9 Ast

Donta Hall 0 JR F 6-9 224 Luverne, AL Luverne HS 10.8 Pts, 7.0 Reb, 0.6 Ast

Dazon Ingram 12 SO G 6-5 205 Theodore, AL Theodore HS 10.3 Pts, 6.0 Reb, 2.8 Ast

Herb Jones 10 FR G 6-7 200 Greensboro, AL 5.0 Pts, 3.8 Reb, 1.5 Ast

Daniel Giddens 4 SO F 6-10 228 Mableton, GA 4.8 Pts, 2.5 Reb, 0.3 Ast

Avery Johnson 5 JR G 5-11 182 Houston, TX Plano West 4.7 Pts, 1.1 Reb, 0.7 Ast

Braxton Key 25 F 6-8 220 Charlotte, NC Oak Hill Academy 6.4 Pts, 5.2 Reb, 2.3 Ast

Alex Reese 3 FR F 6-9 250 Pelham, AL 3.7 Pts, 2.7 Reb, 0.3 Ast

Galin Smith 30 FR F 6-9 235 Clinton, MS 2.5 Pts, 2.1 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Riley Norris 1 SR G 6-7 207 Albertville, AL Albertville HS 4.8 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 0.7 Ast

Lawson Schaffer 24 JR G 5-11 160 Cullman, AL Cullman HS 1.1 Pts, 0.0 Reb, 1.0 Ast

Landon Fuller 33 SO F 6-8 230 Brentwood, TN Brentwood Academy 1.5 Pts, 0.0 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Tyler Barnes F 6-8 205 0.0 Pts, 0.0 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Ar'Mond Davis 22 G 6-6 202 Tacoma, WA Henry Foss High School

Tevin Mack 11 G 6-7 223 Columbia, SC Dreher HS

Last edited:
Feeling good about this one. I don’t see Colin Sexton being able to take over against our defense, and Alabama relies on him way too much. Our depth at the point should wear him out.

Key has scored in double figures 4 of the last 6 games. None before. Double figures in 20 of 34 games last year.

Last edited:
I haven’t really watched Bama, but I get the feeling it will be closer than expected.

If we win again Saturday it will really be time to start getting excited. I mean, I'm already excited but each win adds to it.

If we win again Saturday it will really be time to start getting excited. I mean, I'm already excited but each win adds to it.

With AU losing tonight Saturday takes on even more importance. From this point every additional win. Makes the next game even bigger! I love having something to play for late in the year.

Reactions: 1 person
Wish we had a Josh Richardson type defensive stopper to put on Sexton. Maybe Bowdon can bother him? The way the Ky guards were able to consistently blow by our guards is concerning going forward. As quick as Bone clearly is, I don't understand how anyone can dribble by him? They can't lay back off Sexton with his 3 point shooting.

Stop Sexton and we will have an easy win.

It doesn’t appear that he’s that effective from the floor. 42% from 2 and 27% from 3 in SEC play. He just draws a lot of fouls and gets to the FT line. Same w Ingram. It’s good that we have some extra rest before that game. I thought our guards pick up several fouls against UK because they were a little gassed

I’m looking for Turner to have another good game offensively. Hopefully he can keep it going.

Setting up to be one of the biggest games of our year. Win this one and gotta feel good about their chances of a top 3 seed and/or SEC Championship.

Setting up to be one of the biggest games of our year. Win this one and gotta feel good about their chances of a top 3 seed and/or SEC Championship.

It’s the only game left on our schedule that is certain to be a quadrant 1 game. So if the committee values those games like expected, then yes this is the biggest remaining game on our schedule

At Georgia might be one but they’ll be borderline top 75

The shots haven’t been dropping for Daniel the last couple of games. I think that changes Saturday and he hits at least two from behind the arc.

Stop Sexton and we will have an easy win.

Might be true, but my memory is filled with post-game comments that go something like "our plan was to shut down Number 8 and make the other four beat us. So we did
...and they did."

Those other Bama players would love to demonstrate their underestimated worth on a televised stage.

We don't have the luxury of a Josh Richardson to guard Sexton but we do have point guard by committee to wear him down. All they have to do is watch the Mizz/Vandy games, where they cut off the driving lanes, and got a hand in the face of their spot-up shooter Petty. Bama has been known to force shots when their down by double-digits.

Help defense has been so good lately, I can also see a case for putting someone like Pons or JJ on him in spurts just for a longer defender look.

VN Store

Back