Do we beat Florida?

Johnnyreb#VFL

Work like heck

Clearly, both teams are on the rise and nationally respected. Who wins this battle in Knoxville, why, and what are the implications?

Go Vols

Do we beat Iowa State? That's the only game that matters right now.

Hot take here.

Tomorrow's game is meaningless. It won't effect our RPI much because it's on the road. The conference record is the thing that is going to matter most. This game would matter only if we were a bubble team and imo we are just playing for seed. This game means very little for seed imo

Reactions: 1 person
Hot take here.

Tomorrow's game is meaningless. It won't effect our RPI much because it's on the road. The conference record is the thing that is going to matter most. This game would matter only if we were a bubble team and imo we are just playing for seed. This game means very little for seed imo

Florida, seeding and the ncaa tournament will take care of themselves in due time. The game tomorrow night is the only one that matters to me. I don't consider it meaningless. We play on the road in a tough venue. Great experience and prep for tournament play. I'll take a road win anytime we can snag one. Iowa state is in front of us next. Don't care about anyone else.

Reactions: 3 people
Hot take here.

Wow, I wouldn’t say meaningless. Road wins are what build a resume, this game could very well vault Tennessee up another seed line as well as move them into the Top 20 next week.

Hot take here.

Must win just to keep those 2 or 3 FF guys from coming over to b**** and cry

Reactions: 1 person
Hot take here.

They ALL matter

Must win just to keep those 2 or 3 FF guys from coming over to b**** and cry

Lol. There you go.

In all seriousness I think where we finish in rhe SEC is much more important than overall record when it comes to seeding.

In other words win tomorrow and finish 5th gets a worse seed than losing tomorrow and finishing higher in the SEC. jmo

Hot take here.

Ultimately may not matter much, but known hostile crowd and road win can be enough to keep someone else from jumping a seed in front of us, which does matter, when it comes to bracket matchups.

In B-ball, we kinda OWN Florida.

Our bad teams beat their good teams far more often than we should.

In SEC play, I think our game at KY is more important for our resume. But it’s almost to the point where we are in and know it. Of course cautiously. But seriously, when does Barnes start talking to these guys about NCAA seeding, longevity, etc? Maybe not ever.

As a fan, I’m getting super confident about our rotation and depth. Getting deeper and better every game it seems.

In SEC play, I think our game at KY is more important for our resume. But it’s almost to the point where we are in and know it. Of course cautiously. But seriously, when does Barnes start talking to these guys about NCAA seeding, longevity, etc? Maybe not ever.

As a fan, I’m getting super confident about our rotation and depth. Getting deeper and better every game it seems.

I doubt Barnes even mentions the NCAA to the team

My bet is it’s win #20 for this team.

I just have a feeling we are about to watch something special with these Vols.

I don’t think they are going to win it all or anything, but an SEC championship is certainly a possibility. After that...well anything can and does happen in March.....it’s why we all love it.

We always get up for florida.
Hopefully, no big leads(the Kiss of Death for this team) and we scrap 40 minutes like we did with USC.

Hot take here.

It doesnt mean MUCH if we lose. A win would look really good on our resume. Not sure how you can call it meaningless.

That UK is going to be massive for both teams. UK is almost out of the SEC race and already dropped a game against UT. UK doesn't have a ton of chances to get wins against top 25 teams, so missing on 2 chances against UT would be detrimental to seeding implications. UT comes into that game with less to lose imo, but obviously if you can find a win, it would be very impressive.

Florida’s win was equally as impressive as ours. I think we are pretty evenly matched, both top 20 maybe top 15 teams in the country

We cant allow florida to drain 3’s also they have 3 of the best freethrow shooters in ncaa. We dont need to come down to free throws.

I just have a feeling we are about to watch something special with these Vols.

I don’t think they are going to win it all or anything, but an SEC championship is certainly a possibility. After that...well anything can and does happen in March.....it’s why we all love it.

Agree

VN Store

Back