"Out-Cuonzoed"

TNVOLFN

Sucka ducking & busta free
Hats off to CCM. He won at his house with his style.
I still like CRB's style and ability to adapt and think he's twice the coach Coach Martin is in terms of savvy and ceiling. GBO!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Cuonzo Martin is still an average coach at best.

He just happened to catch us on a bad shooting night.

Regardless, I don’t miss him nor his racist hollering crying a** because he wasn’t wanted here.

Last edited:
He took Barnes to school tonight. And Rick didn't do his homework...

I am not sure how he took Rick to school. Bowden missed contested shots amd he missed more open shots. He missed a front end of a one and one - though he made up for that with a bucket off the offensive rebound. That is why he was riding the pine at the end.

You can always count on Turner to take boneheaded shots.

Daniel had the best guard play.

Critical plays that led to the loss at the end were a big miss by Schofield from the FT line when the lead could've been trimmed to 2 points. Then Grant throwing it to the othwr team when he was under the basket to take the lead.

I am 50/50 on the strategy to foul Missouri with 14 seconds left down 1 but the Vols would've potentially only had 4 seconds left. The key was Missouri made their FTs. Then I am not sure why Daniel was walking the ball up even with pressure. Get a quick 2 at the basket and foul again. They fouled the Vols intentionally anyway and another FT was missed.

Ultimately the Vols lost to an average ball club even if it was a road game. The atmosphere wasn't that adverse to lose to those snowflakes.

One other point. There is no way this team should hold amyone to under 60 and lose. The offense was just putrid much of the night. I am sure Martin will claim it was his tough defense.

I am not sure how he took Rick to school. Bowden missed contested shots amd he missed more open shots. He missed a front end of a one and one - though he made up for that with a bucket off the offensive rebound. That is why he was riding the pine at the end.

You can always count on Turner to take boneheaded shots.

Daniel had the best guard play.

Critical plays that led to the loss at the end were a big miss by Schofield from the FT line when the lead could've been trimmed to 2 points. Then Grant throwing it to the othwr team when he was under the basket to take the lead.

I am 50/50 on the strategy to foul Missouri with 14 seconds left down 1 but the Vols would've potentially only had 4 seconds left. The key was Missouri made their FTs. Then I am not sure why Daniel was walking the ball up even with pressure. Get a quick 2 at the basket and foul again. They fouled the Vols intentionally anyway and another FT was missed.

Ultimately the Vols lost to an average ball club even if it was a road game. The atmosphere wasn't that adverse to lose to those snowflakes.

Their defense came to play, and our offense didn't. We hardly made an effort to move the ball, Grant wasn't putting it on the floor, and our defense was frantic and behind almost the whole game. That was a winnable game, and Barnes did not instruct the players to do it IMO.

I'm not sweating this one. We both know we were underdogs on the road against a good team. I'm not going 1985/cheggerbutt, but come on, Barnes didn't have us prepared and didn't adjust properly.

Their defense came to play, and our offense didn't. We hardly made an effort to move the ball, Grant wasn't putting it on the floor, and our defense was frantic and behind almost the whole game. That was a winnable game, and Barnes did not instruct the players to do it IMO.

I'm not sweating this one. We both know we were underdogs on the road against a good team. I'm not going 1985/cheggerbutt, but come on, Barnes didn't have us prepared and didn't adjust properly.

I agree with most of your 1st paragraph except the part about Barnes not instructing his players to win. Ball movement was less than the standard we have grown to expect but the team was just missing open shots they normally make.

This team has also begin showing a tendency of scattering in a frenzy on defense that leaves someone open eventually. But as bad as that was Missouri almost blee it with Martin could not draw up a basket in the last 5 minutes.

Here’s the rub. Cuonzo gets calls at home but rarely wins on the road or in neutral settings. He’s an average coach. If UT played them again, I’d say we wipe their ass because Gonzo sucks as a coach.

He’s not lying. You seem to have a real thing for Cuonzo by the way. I can sense the excitement as you type his name.

I have made one comment about Cuonzo tonight, and it's in this thread titled "out-cuonzoed." I've been hammering Barnes. IDGAS about Martin anymore.

VN Store

Back