Don't overreact or over analyze this loss

OrngeJuiceJones

It is summed up in one single statistic. Bone, Bowden and Turner were 2 for 20 from the field and just 4 assist. Bottom line there's your loss. Missouri only hit 4 threes, and they usually make 10 a game. This had nothing to do with Rick, or Cuonzo. That stat is everything.

Reactions: 3 people
It is summed up in one single statistic. Bone, Bowden and Turner were 2 for 20 from the field and just 4 assist. Bottom line there's your loss. Missouri only hit 4 threes, and they usually make 10 a game. This had nothing to do with Rick, or Cuonzo. That stat is everything.

Good post. Bone was the key for me. When he missed the wide open layup we knew it wasn't his night

Reactions: 1 person
Not saying you're wrong, but Barnes is responsible for the poor planning and lack of adjustments that led to those players going 2-20.

Reactions: 6 people
Bowden missed 3 wide open too. This team will lose every time with a stat line like this.

Yep. I could argue to have the ball with a chance to take the lead with a minute left is one hell of a good sign with those kinds of numbers staring you in the face

Not saying you're wrong, but Barnes is responsible for the poor planning and lack of adjustments that led to those players going 2-20.

Barnes can’t make the players score wide open shots.

Hit a couple of those, we probably would have won tonight.

Reactions: 5 people
It's apparent some on here have never played organized basketball.

Yep, and I’ll remember when we win the next one and these same people are talking about how great of a coach Barnes is. When you’re guards can’t knock down shots it’s hard to win on the road.

Reactions: 3 people
It's apparent some on here have never played organized basketball.

I'll have you know that I went to high school with the Big One and he was the starting point guard his senior year.

He holds the school record for lowest PPG over a season Lol.

JK

He was straight money!

I'll have you know that I went to high school with the Big One and he was the starting point guard his senior year.

He holds the school record for lowest PPG over a season Lol.

JK

He was straight money!
Haha you may not be far off with that bro. I distribute the rock!

Exactly.

I'm starting to wonder if I watched a completely different game that involved Missouri beating Tennessee tonight...

Well, let me just ask if those guys have had that stat line before. Seriously, I am asking. If those three players have never been 2-20 or worse, then it's apparent that they were the problem because it's out of the norm. Considered an "off night."

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes' teams are always up and down. Vols will beat a great, ranked team...then lose to a bad/mediocre team. Good teams...teams that DESERVE a top 25 ranking are CONSISTENT. Vols will win some games going forward that u don't expect...and it'll make guys say "wow...we're really good. Way to go Barnes"....then lose to a bottom feeder and make you go "What the he!! was that"? That's Barnes...and those are his teams.

Barnes' teams are always up and down. Vols will beat a great, ranked team...then lose to a bad/mediocre team. Good teams...teams that DESERVE a top 25 ranking are CONSISTENT. Vols will win some games going forward that u don't expect...and it'll make guys say "wow...we're really good. Way to go Barnes"....then lose to a bottom feeder and make you go "What the he!! was that"? That's Barnes...and those are his teams.

It’s life in the SEC this year. It is a good conference. A lot of parity, and we are a young team that needs to learn how to close out games still. All that matters is that we peak at the right time down the stretch.

Just curious what bad team have we lost to?

Well, let me just ask if those guys have had that stat line before. Seriously, I am asking. If those three players have never been 2-20 or worse, then it's apparent that they were the problem because it's out of the norm. Considered an "off night."

I think we saw a different game from some others

Well sure. Everyone is disagreeing on my point that poor planning and in-game coaching led to the off night.

VN Store

Back