I hope Rick Barnes realizes

wmcovol

How important this game vs Missouri is to many of us Vol fans. Frankly, I supported Martin all the way to the end despite lackluster efforts until the last month run in his last season. I didnt appreciate the way he left.

Barnes didn’t have his team ready vs Auburn (another important game for Vol fans). I hope he does better tomorrow c

Reactions: 2 people
How important this game vs Missouri is to many of us Vol fans. Frankly, I supported Martin all the way to the end despite lackluster efforts until the last month run in his last season. I didnt appreciate the way he left.

Barnes didn’t have his team ready vs Auburn (another important game for Vol fans). I hope he does better tomorrow c

I hope Barnes realizes it's just another opponent. I don't get the infatuation with beating Cuonzo Martin.

Reactions: 15 people

Bet martin ain't forgot about the petition. :)

He wasn't well liked by UT fans overall so the way he left didn't bother me. His demeanor and style were boring compared to Pearl so he didn't create a buzz. Why stick around if you aren't wanted?

Reactions: 3 people
He wasn't well liked by UT fans overall so the way he left didn't bother me. His demeanor and style were boring compared to Pearl so he didn't create a buzz. Why stick around if you aren't wanted?

Personally, I never want a UT basketball coach to create a "Buzz". 1 was enough.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see why all the Cuonzo hate. I know he didn't do good here but he wasn't exactly treated well once he started losing. Does that mean he didn't deserve to be fired? No, but you can't treat someone with disrespect and expect to receive it. I remember some fans being pretty hard on him on here. That's probably why he left. It happens though and I get it. I don't hold anything against the man. He just didn't succeed here.

Here's to a W tomorrow.

I suppose CRB will consult you, his palm reader & the celestial bunny before this game. Amazing how some folks still don't realize how our coach knows the game.

Several in the media alluded to the fact A&M game was still important to Barnes due to his time at Texas. I was simply mentioning that these games vs Auburn and Mizzou mean something to some of us too

need to keep winning no matter who the coach is...next four could make or break us...and,

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why all the Cuonzo hate. I know he didn't do good here but he wasn't exactly treated well once he started losing. Does that mean he didn't deserve to be fired? No, but you can't treat someone with disrespect and expect to receive it. I remember some fans being pretty hard on him on here. That's probably why he left. It happens though and I get it. I don't hold anything against the man. He just didn't succeed here.

Here's to a W tomorrow.
He wasn't fired. He quit.

Or.......he left because he was going to have to coach a depleted roster the next year. Just like he did once his influx of talent left at Cal.

Or....he left because he was never going to get full support at UT because he wasn't a white male.

And he left Cal because Mizzou is a better job than Cal and its near home for him...

VN Store

Back