The Official #21 Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#21 Tennessee Volunteers: 12-4 (3-2 SEC)

1024x1024.jpg

@

Missouri Tigers: 12-5 (2-2 SEC)

UA_BKC_MIZZOU_002_r600x400.jpg

JAN. 17 » MIZZOU ARENA » COLUMBIA, MO. » 8:01 PM CT

Line: UT +1
O/U: 142.5

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 137, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN.com

17_Game_Promo_Missouri.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Overall: Series tied, 6-6

In Knoxville: UT leads, 4-2

In Columbia: Missouri leads, 4-1

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 1-0

Current Streak: UT has won one

Last Meeting: UT won, 90-70, in Knoxville, 2/18/17

Rick Barnes vs. Missouri: 12-8

Rick Barnes vs. Cuonzo Martin: Barnes leads, 1-0

Reactions: 2 people
• In SEC games, reigning SEC Player of the Week Grant Williams leads the league with a scoring average of 19.6 ppg.

• Mizzou's Cuonzo Martin spent three seasons as Tennessee's head coach from 2011-14.

• The Vols are rated No. 13 in the NCAA RPI and own the nation's third-rated SOS, per ESPN.

• Give Tennessee four true road wins in five tries this season. The Vols totaled four true road wins all of last season.

• Give the Vols their first four-game SEC win streak since Feb.-March 2014.

• Give Tennessee a 7-6 lead in its all-time series with Missouri.

• Give the Big Orange seven wins over teams occupying a top-100 spot in the current NCAA RPI.

• In his first season at Mizzou, former Tennessee head coach Cuonzo Martin has turned the Tigers (12-5, 2-2 SEC) around after they finished 8-24 last season.

• Missouri holds wins over Iowa State, Stephen F. Austin and UCF from its non-conference slate. The Tigers began SEC play with a road win over South Carolina and a home win over Georgia last Wednesday, 68-56. MU's two losses have come by just two points each against Florida and at Arkansas.

• Missouri is paced by graduate transfer guard Kassius Robertson, who is averaging 16.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg and 2.1 apg. In conference play, Robertson stands as the second-highest scorer with 19.0 ppg, behind only UT's Grant Williams (19.6 ppg).

• Senior forward Jordan Barnett has stepped up in a big way for the Tigers this season, posting 15.2 ppg and 6.4 rpg to go along with an impressive 92-percent (48-of-52) shooting percentage from the free-throw line. Barnett, who leads the SEC with 37.0 mpg in conference play, has been crucial down low after ESPN Preseason National Freshman of the Year Michael Porter Jr. went down with a season-ending injury in the first game of the year.

• Missouri ranks as one of the best defensive teams in the SEC, allowing just 66.5 ppg in conference play so far to come in at third. The Tigers sit on top of the standings when it comes to long-range shooting, connecting on 45 percent (41-of-92) of their shots from beyond the arc, and in defensive rebounding with 32.5 per game.

Reactions: 1 person
Where is the ballgame? Say 9 eastern on sec network. Not on direct at my house. A and M and mississippi

Haven’t watched Missouri much this year.

Does UT have any advantages over Missouri besides coaching?

Reactions: 4 people
Vols win by 3. Oh, dang what a good dream. Half court "3" at the buzzer....

won't be easy Mizzou is pretty good, even without Porter, so we better come ready to play...of course, I guess that's for every game, but this one starts a tough run...be nice to start off with a win, and,

GO VOLS

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Mizzou and lose to USC.
USC shot 27% a couple of games back and still won with their defense.
I'd much rather prefer the sweep though.

I expect this game will go down to the wire. I have a feeling Mizzou will pull it out at home...

Hope I'm wrong

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Mizzou and lose to USC.
USC shot 27% a couple of games back and still won with their defense.
I'd much rather prefer the sweep though.

Agree. That has the makings of an easy game to slip up in. On the heels of Mizzou, have to go and play a D that will wear you down...

Of all the remaining games on the schedule, that's probably the most underrated.

Barnes coached Barnett for one season at Texas.

UT needs to get Barnett and Porter in foul trouble while limiting turnovers and not falling in love with taking a lot of 3 point shots tonight.

I think cuonzo is a better coach than what vol fans give him credit for. That being said, we should win this game tonight by at least two possessions.

I think Conzo does some good things with player development, is in general a good guy but just an average X's and o's coach. I'd take Barnes any day.

VN Store

Back