Well, well....Heading to Cuonzo’s house

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
Zo’s team credo is “A Tougher Breed.” Tennessee also prides itself on toughness. I wonder if this one has a significant meaning for Zo.. Hopefully officials call a good game.

Zo’s proven that he can recruit Blue Chippers in recent years. Missou has a great point guard and some serious talent inside. They do play tough. This will be a really good challenge for our team to show what we have. It should be a great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Does Missouri have any significant wins? I know I know.... I could Look I reckon 😁

For what it's worth: MO's football team scored more points at times than its basketball team has in some games so far.

I would say that CCM will use this opponent as motivation. "Let's prove em' wrong team". Maybe that's not his style. But coaches do look for edges.

We really need to keep our mo rolling in this one. Another road win would be yuuge.

I would say that CCM will use this opponent as motivation. "Let's prove em' wrong team". Maybe that's not his style. But coaches do look for edges.

We really need to keep our mo rolling in this one. Another road win would be yuuge.

Prove who wrong, though? In the media's eye, we were supposed to be garbage (voted 13th out of 14) and Mizzou was a dark horse to win the conference, obviously prior to losing Porter Jr.

How long was he the HC at California? Did he resign or was Cuonzo fired?

Got out of town before he had to live with the results of his recruiting. He fled to missouri before what was going to be an abysmal year for Cal.

They are one of the worst p5 teams in the country.

Got blown out by Central Arkansas, Portland State and Chaminade. Also lost to something called UC Riverside.

Reactions: 3 people
Would love to stomp Mizzou.
The whole Cuonzo narrative that floated around during his UT tenure still baffles me. He was a distant and aloof guy who was horrible with boosters. He perpetuated the 'racsim' thing which was complete BS. His stay at Cal, bringing on gray area recruiters, jumping ship after he wrecked the rostee, and then sacking up with Porter to get kid his kids, ought to tell you the true story.

Reactions: 8 people
The thing Cuonzo likes to do is slow it down. With our small ball I hope we can get out in transition and pummel his team.

I think the real question is... Will there be any Bring Back Cuonzo threads if they win?

The whole Cuonzo narrative that floated around during his UT tenure still baffles me. He was a distant and aloof guy who was horrible with boosters. He perpetuated the 'racsim' thing which was complete BS. His stay at Cal, bringing on gray area recruiters, jumping ship after he wrecked the rostee, and then sacking up with Porter to get kid his kids, ought to tell you the true story.

Hate it when Coaches play the race card. Just WIN . Tennessee fans are the least racist in the Country; IMO. White or Black; Win and you're in.

Reactions: 1 person
Hate it when Coaches play the race card. Just WIN . Tennessee fans are the least racist in the Country; IMO. White or Black; Win and you're in.

Yea. That is why some sent racist death threats to him and his wife. I still fail to see how others reporting the facts about what happened is Zo playing the race card when he isn't the one that spoke up about it.

I am not so sure he perpetuated anything. I think a couple of idiots showed up at his wife's place of business and some little twerps at his kid's school said something to them, and that reflected badly in many people's eyes on our entire fan base. They say you can't stop stupid, but you always hope someone might.

The thing Cuonzo likes to do is slow it down. With our small ball I hope we can get out in transition and pummel his team.

He likes to slow it down, but they don't necessarily play any better that way. It only suits them because they can shoot the 3 so well. So I think the focus needs to be on our perimeter defense. Especially since we haven't shown a consistent ability to play well uptempo

VN Store

Back