First game

chvy1986

I will be attending my first TN basketball game tomorrow with my girlfriend. I've been to many football games but I've never made it to see the bball team. Is there anything I should do or see while at TBA? Also, does anyone have any good dinner recommendations for the two of us before the game? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
I will be attending my first TN basketball game tomorrow with my girlfriend. I've been to many football games but I've never made it to see the bball team. Is there anything I should do or see while at TBA? Also, does anyone have any good dinner recommendations for the two of us before the game? Thanks!

Copper Cellar or Sunspot on Cumberland Avenue for full service. There's a sandwich shop (Which Witch) at the bottom of the east ramp, northeast corner.

There's not a lot going on until the player introductions.

Reactions: 2 people

Try to check out TBA. It's set up like a NBA arena, bigger than probably half of 'em. Gets loud, although it looks like a funky warehouse, it's a top 12 college bb arena, when it's jumping. Not near as loud as Stokely with those on the court 12,000 seats and low ceiling, tho

Last edited:
Copper Cellar is an institution and great but it's kind of a generational thing (mine).

The younger set, and I'm guessing you're part of it, would go for some downtown spots. The Sunspot (on Cumberland), Stock and Barrel..if you want to go deep in the pocket, JC Holdway and Lonesome Dove. Balter Beerworks is really good-casual. Just my take...GBO!

Last edited:

Calhoun's on the river, SweetPs bbq downtown dive, Barley's, downtown brewery and grill, soccer taco. All really cool spots.

Not sure if it is still there, but you might try Krystal on the Strip. They make a mighty fine burger. Lol

Copper Cellar is an institution and great but it's kind of a generational thing (mine).

The younger set, and I'm guessing you're part of it, would go for some downtown spots. The Sunspot (on Cumberland), Stock and Barrel..if you want to go deep in the pocket, JC Holdway and Lonesome Dove. Balter Beerworks is really good-casual. Just my take...GBO!
Stock and Barrel is amazing if you like homecrafted burgers (buns made in Knoxville, fries hand cut, etc).

Stock and Barrel is amazing if you like homecrafted burgers (buns made in Knoxville, fries hand cut, etc).

Went there last Sunday after the UK game when we woke up for lunch and it was really good. If you're wanting a burger that's the place to go the have a wide variety! There isn't a lot of seating in there so there may be a wait.

Yes,don't get too excited and hit her with an elbow!

Its actually closed. lol

Go to Insomnia cookies for a late night snack though.

I live out of state and even when I go to games I do not go to Strip. It has been seven years since I have been on Strip. I did not know if it was still there.
Great loss for the students. Nothing like a late night gut bomb

Man, if I had any real money, I would open up a Waffle House on the strip and start counting my money, as soon as it opened. Why hasn't there been a Waffle House on the strip, yet? It's a no-brainer

Man, if I had any real money, I would open up a Waffle House on the strip and start counting my money, as soon as it opened. Why hasn't there been a Waffle House on the strip, yet? It's a no-brainer

Too many people meet up for fights there.

Speaking of Waffle House... if your cook isn't outside smoking a cigarette when you come rolling in, your food isn't going to be as good - fun fact. Also the less teeth that they have also determines the quality of that All Star Special. If they open their mouth and all that you see is gums, then you pulled in to the right one fellas. 😂

Speaking of Waffle House... if your cook isn't outside smoking a cigarette when you come rolling in, your food isn't going to be as good - fun fact. Also the less teeth that they have also determines the quality of that All Star Special. If they open their mouth and all that you see is gums, then you pulled in to the right one fellas. 😂

And if you go anytime in the day it won’t be as good. 2 am Waffle House is unbeatable.

Last edited:
Interesting fact: Waffle House requires all employees to wash their hands at least one time per shift

VN Store

Back