Incompetent Media

ITSGR82BATNVOL

MARCH MADNESS - Best two weeks in sports!
This was sent to me from 247 sports. Does no one proof read headlines or articles anymore, prior to them being published / released? :eek:lol:

247 misprint.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
If that read Kentucky beat any SEC team with that score I'm pretty sure the media would totally roll with it and give them the W.

UT bball neglect from the media has been around for millions of years.

I'm just glad that commentators are reminding the viewers that we picked 13th every game. Would be a farce not to.

I have refused to give interviews ever since I retired from the Department of Labor. I wouldn't have interviewed then if it had not been required of me due to the fact that reporters/interviewers ALWAYS twisted everything said... regardless of how carefully things were stated or written. I made the mistake of giving one interview since then, and I had to take out an ad in that particular paper to get the truth out to the public because the reporter so completely botched the job... even using a recorder!

Reactions: 2 people
Calipari told the media in a press conference following the TAM game that, except for Larry (Vaught), they don't know sh!t. Yep, used those words.

Reactions: 2 people
I have refused to give interviews ever since I retired from the Department of Labor. I wouldn't have interviewed then if it had not been required of me due to the fact that reporters/interviewers ALWAYS twisted everything said... regardless of how carefully things were stated or written. I made the mistake of giving one interview since then, and I had to take out an ad in that particular paper to get the truth out to the public because the reporter so completely botched the job... even using a recorder!

It's true.

My organization ends up in the paper quite a lot. The best thing I can do is just hope they spelled our names right, and try to not worry too much about the rest of it.

It is just the way things are. If you don't like it, you better do your best to stay out of the spotlight.

When I was a young engineer the company I worked for had a wildcat strike....it went on for weeks...we were the big fish in a small pond, employed a couple of thousand people so it was big news in the area....it got contentious so management kept a presence in the plant and office 24/7 and a member of management came outside and made a statement to the press 2 times a day....one day no one else was available so I went out...didn't have much to offer in terms of updates...anyway when I finally get home I have a voice mail from my confused mother....one TV channel had referred to me as a truck driver for the company and the other the president of the company.....go figure..

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back