Jay Bilas ranks his top 68 teams

cncchris33

I guess as a means of representing the number involved in NCAA Tournament.

He has 10 SEC teams in his top 68. Crazy! And best of all, Tennessee is his highest ranked SEC team (#15), for what that's worth. He criticizes our defense and shooting percentage inside the arc, which are fair criticisms, IMO. Praises Barnes, his rebuilding method, and teaching.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22013176/bilas-index-volume-3-best-68-teams-college-basketball

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
With seemingly half of the top 25 losing every week, I feel like we'd probably be in the neighborhood of #15 in the polls if we hadn't lost to Allbarn.

I think we definitely belong in that range.

Reactions: 1 person
15- Tennessee
17- Kentucky
22- Auburn
23- Florida
26- Texas A&M
28- Arkansas
41- Georgia
49- Missouri
58- LSU
63- Alabama

i guess as a means of representing the number involved in ncaa tournament.

He has 10 sec teams in his top 68. Crazy! And best of all, tennessee is his highest ranked sec team (#15), for what that's worth. He criticizes our defense and shooting percentage inside the arc, which are fair criticisms, imo. praises barnes, his rebuilding method, and teaching.

bilas index volume 3 best 68 teams in college basketball

🤔

We do miss a lot of shots from right around the rim. Part of that, I believe is Williams being undersized especially relative to the SEC. Alexander has a good 2pt% but a big part of that is shot selection. I know it's beating a dead horse, but I'd like to see him be more aggressive and take some more shots.

Defensively it feels like we're slipping a little bit. Arkansas, Auburn, and Vandy were not good defensively.

We do miss a lot of shots from right around the rim. Part of that, I believe is Williams being undersized especially relative to the SEC. Alexander has a good 2pt% but a big part of that is shot selection. I know it's beating a dead horse, but I'd like to see him be more aggressive and take some more shots.

Defensively it feels like we're slipping a little bit. Arkansas, Auburn, and Vandy were not good defensively.

It has been pretty bad throughout the conference schedule. We have allowed every SEC opponent thus far to shoot over 40% against us. Three of those five opponents have hit over 40% from the 3-point line as well, further demonstrating the deficiency in our perimeter defense I have noted a couple times. SEC opponents are shooting a collective 37% from 3 against us (43-116).

Fortunately, we have found a way to win games when we aren't at our best defensively. Every game we've lost to this point has one common theme; our opponent shot 40%+ from the field.

In our currrent winning streak, every opponent has done so as well, so something we are doing has allowed us to start winning games where we were losing them before. At one point, we were 9-0 when holding teams under 40%, and 0-4 when allowing teams to shoot over 40%. That trend is turning in our favor. Why?

My answer is the FT line. We are a combined 63-75 (84%) at the FT line during this 3 game winning streak. Our opponents are a combined 31-48 (65%). A 32 point advantage in our favor.

Reactions: 1 person
Even though we allowed A&M to shoot a good percentage, I felt like our defense was okay. There was more gambling and creating TOs.

VN Store

Back