Th Official #24 Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 8:00 PM CT, SEC Network

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
#24 Tennessee Volunteers: 10-4 (1-2 SEC)

1024x1024.jpg

@

Vanderbilt Commodores: 6-9 (1-2 SEC)

636508751243764567-USATSI-10527734.jpg

JAN. 9 » MEMORIAL GYMNASIUM » NASHVILLE, TENN. » 8:05 PM CT

Line: UT -2.5
O/U: 140

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 138, XM: 191
Online: WatchESPN.com

15_Game_Promo_Vanderbilt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Overall: UT leads, 118-75

In Knoxville: UT leads, 70-20

In Nashville: VU leads, 54-40

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 8-1

Current Streak: VU has won one

Last Meeting: Vanderbilt won, 67-56, in Knoxville, 2/22/17

Rick Barnes vs. Vanderbilt: 3-4

Rick Barnes vs. Bryce Drew: Tied, 1-1

Reactions: 1 person
• Tennessee's 118 wins over Vanderbilt are its most over any opponent.

• The Vols are rated No. 10 in the NCAA RPI and own the nation's second-rated SOS, per ESPN.

• In Saturday's win over Kentucky, the Vols had 23 assists on 25 made field goals. In SEC play, UT averages a league-best 18.0 apg.

• UT ranks 14th nationally in defensive efficiency, per KenPom.

Reactions: 1 person
• Give Tennessee three road wins in four tries this season. The Vols won at Georgia Tech and Wake Forest before falling at Arkansas.

• Give the Vols six wins in their last eight games against Vandy in the city of Nashville (includes SEC Tournament victories in 2015 and 2016).

• Give UT three wins in its last four visits to Memorial Gym.

Reactions: 2 people
• With head coach Bryce Drew in his second year at the helm, Vanderbilt owns an 6-9 (1-2 SEC) record heading into the back half of its 2017-18 regular-season schedule.

• The Commodores are 6-3 at Memorial Gym this season, including a win over Alabama last Tuesday. Their three loses came at the hands of teams in the top 100 of the RPI in Middle Tennessee (31), USC (37) and Kansas State (97).

• VU has struggled on offense this season, coming in as the lowest scorers in the SEC at 71.0 ppg. However, the Commodores have averaged 79.2 ppg in their wins.

• Vanderbilt is paced by senior forward Jeff Roberson, who leads the team in scoring (14.5 ppg) and rebounding (8.1 rpg). Fellow senior Matthew Fisher-Davis has been the team's second best player, posting 12.3 ppg and 5.3 rpg while coming off the bench recently.

• Senior guard Riley LaChance and freshman guard Saben Lee round out VU's primary scoring attack, averaging 10.9 and 10.5 ppg, respectively. Both players shoot above 42 percent from the floor on the season and are crucial in running the offense, as they combine for 48 percent of the team's assist this season. Lee paces the squad in the stat with 3.3 apg.

I agree, simply because as of now Vandy would be a terrible loss.

Yes. That and I hate them and hate their stupid gym.

This is always one of the biggest games on the schedule for me just because their gym is dumb and their fans are obnoxious. Vandy Bball is right behind Florida and Alabama football for me.

Reactions: 3 people
If Vandy is going to play anyone tough, it is Tennessee in memorial. Vols have won there recently cause they have played very well. It will take a similar effort tonight.

If Vandy is going to play anyone tough, it is Tennessee in memorial. Vols have won there recently cause they have played very well. It will take a similar effort tonight.

Yep and it's a tough spot. Hard to be at your best after beating Kentucky

It would be a bad loss on the resume. Just playing them will lower our rpi. A loss will drop us even lower.
Need to break the pattern of playing down to lesser teams.
If we don't show up , we lose.

If Tennessee wants to be one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the league we need to win at Vandy this year. They are not a very good team right now. Winning on the road is tough and there could be a let down after Kentucky but this is one we need. Hope Bone is back and ready to go and that Bowden shoots. I think Bowden is key today.

If Tennessee wants to be one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the league we need to win at Vandy this year. They are not a very good team right now. Winning on the road is tough and there could be a let down after Kentucky but this is one we need. Hope Bone is back and ready to go and that Bowden shoots. I think Bowden is key today.

Good post. Vandy is very thin inside. Could be a big day for our bigs. Expecting a lot zone from vandy

VN Store

Back