Awesome atmosphere!!!

BIGORANGEINKY

Being a UT fan in Kentucky is hard. Driving down here from Louisville for my 11 year old’s birthday present and watching them beat rose a$$holes made it soooo sweet. Waited after the game and my son got a lot of pics with players. Side not... Met Jordan Bone. He’s getting over the flu. That’s why he was absent in the second half. Go Vols!

Reactions: 21 people
Yep. Living in Georgia in the land of dawg is also hard for UT fans. It's why I'm a tide fan tomorrow night. They're bad enough with Kirby, this season and this recruiting class. Can't stomach the thought of a natty in his second freaking year.

Enjoy the win and the time you have to crow about it or the peace and quiet it brings you. Hope I experience the same Tuesday morning at the office.

Reactions: 4 people
to Vol fans everywhere...I said it's great to be a Tennessee Vol...:pepper::pepper::yahoo:

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Yep. Living in Georgia in the land of dawg is also hard for UT fans. It's why I'm a tide fan tomorrow night. They're bad enough with Kirby, this season and this recruiting class. Can't stomach the thought of a natty in his second freaking year.

Enjoy the win and the time you have to crow about it or the peace and quiet it brings you. Hope I experience the same Tuesday morning at the office.

Mark Rict left Kirby a ton of talent. All Kirby has to do is not mess it up.

Reactions: 1 person
The team and the crowd work together. Can't always count on the TBA crowd to be fiery the whole time. The team has to do something to get the crowd rolling. When the crowd is into the game they can be a huge factor.

Reactions: 3 people
The team and the crowd work together. Can't always count on the TBA crowd to be fiery the whole time. The team has to do something to get the crowd rolling. When the crowd is into the game they can be a huge factor.

I was part of the alumni pep band this break. Between my time as a student (both in the pep band and not) and as an alum, last night was the best run arena atmosphere I've ever seen. My biggest gripe was how the arena officials never understand the flow of the game and stick with "the script". They didn't, and the mix of the band and piped music was incredible. It needs to stay that way.

Reactions: 2 people
Being a UT fan in Kentucky is hard. Driving down here from Louisville for my 11 year old’s birthday present and watching them beat rose a$$holes made it soooo sweet. Waited after the game and my son got a lot of pics with players. Side not... Met Jordan Bone. He’s getting over the flu. That’s why he was absent in the second half. Go Vols!

Wondered about that. Bowden too, apparently.

Love in Kentucky as well. Tomorrow’s work day will be much better after the win.

Really? Awesome atmosphere? Glad you had fun and we got the W, but the only good atmosphere I’ve seen in TBA this year was the UNC game. Too many old fart fans eating popcorn and golf clapping. No one will confuse our arena atmosphere with Kansas or Duke that’s for sure.

Really? Awesome atmosphere? Glad you had fun and we got the W, but the only good atmosphere I’ve seen in TBA this year was the UNC game. Too many old fart fans eating popcorn and golf clapping. No one will confuse our arena atmosphere with Kansas or Duke that’s for sure.

Were you there? It was a great atmosphere.

Great to see & hear the BIG LOUD ORANGE dominating TBA on t.v. yesterday. Great job Vol players, coaches & fans!

Not a bad showing at all with the 9pm tip, 15 degree temps, not the greatest Kentucky team, apathy building after dropping two consecutive games, and the students on winter break.

Not a bad showing at all with the 9pm tip, 15 degree temps, not the greatest Kentucky team, apathy building after dropping two consecutive games, and the students on winter break.

A bunch of students came back early, because their sections were full. Just like they left late to be there for the UNC game.

A bunch of students came back early, because their sections were full. Just like they left late to be there for the UNC game.

Most of the seats in the student sections went on sale to the general public. The band was alumnae. I bet that a lot of local students made it to the game.

Seen from your couch you mean? Just because the students arent constantly on TV doesnt mean they cant be heard. Its a lot louder in person.

Most of the seats in the student sections went on sale to the general public. The band was alumnae. I bet that a lot of local students made it to the game.

They were mainly full with students. They opened the dorms up early on Saturday so students could come back to campus early for the game.

I've been to a few Ky-UT hoops games and last night was a pretty good atmosphere. I think UT going 0-2 to start the SEC slate and it being early in the SEC season had the crowd not as lively to start. Also, UT didn't exactly play that well in the 1st half so the crowd didn't have a lot to cheer about.

I'll give an assist to Ron Slay. I thought he helped fire the crowd up at halftime and he supposedly gave Williams a pep talk at halftime. It worked.

The student body has gotten much older then.

The key thing is when they did their sway/lean thing, you can see that the entire baseline section was full, and their wedge in the corner was full, too. And I know several that were in the upper deck as well. That's a pretty damn good showing for a game over the break.

VN Store

Back