Shout Out to Kyle Alexander

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
He had a pretty good game.

I was impressed with his hustle and willingness to compete.

Made a couple of key rebounds as well.

He’s came a long way from where he was and looks like a completely different player.

Reactions: 7 people
Bto

You might want to head over to the RF. I am having a tough time explaining to one of our posters here in this forum that Alexander is primarily playing the 5 for us.

Nope, I stick to the BB forum, I know better. That’s a crazy world

Alexander is the only 5 on the team other than Kent.

Williams,Walker,and Fulkerson are all 4's.

His contribution is key to where this season goes.

Full still looks hesitant to me, but he's making progress.

He'd rather dish than go strong to the hoop, but he sure isn't hesitant handling the ball. TN was going through him on almost every possession attacking KY's zone. He had great ball security at the high post and was huge at initiating the half court sets... whether he was getting the ball to a teammate at the basket or quickly kicking to a guard and setting off the motion. He would have had a dozen assists if credit was given for the pass before the pass (or the one before that) that gets the ball rotated for an open perimeter look.

Reactions: 3 people
Alexander is the only 5 on the team other than Kent.

Williams,Walker,and Fulkerson are all 4's.

His contribution is key to where this season goes.

Agreed. Add Schofield to the list of 4s as a lot of games he plays more 4 than 3.

TN is a better team when Schofield bangs around in the paint instead of setting up on the perimeter. His strong rebounding is needed, not his 15' fadeaway jumper.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys don't think Schofield is a major threat from 3?

I do and think he is much better suited on the perimeter

He's good at 3s. He's not a good option at long, contested 2s. He might actually be better as a perimeter player, but he's not the best option and he's needed in the paint to help this team. He's a very good rebounder when he wants to be one.

Tonight was the most complete game I've seen Alexander play and the most minutes I recall. He adds so much length to the team when he can play 20+ minutes a game. If he can develop some consistency, this team is capable of making some noise in the NCAA tourney! Did he miss a shot or FT.

Reactions: 3 people
He’s just needed the minutes since the Bahamas. He’s deceptively dangerous contesting shots(mainly cause he slumps down on defense and looks more like 6’5), he runs the floor like a deer for 6’10 and he has the capability of stepping out with a purpose if he’d just believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
KA runs well, but I apparently overestimated his stamina. He played a lot of soccer before seriously taking up basketball. Guys 40-50 pounds bigger leaning on you wear you down as well as just running alone.

VN Store

Back