John Fulkerson

jonrulz123

As I'm writing this, Vols are up 68-57 so I don't want to jinx anything, but it looks like the boys came out to play tonight.

Can't help but laugh when everyone in the stadium goes "SHOOT IT" when Fulkerson touches the ball in the paint and legit no one is guarding him :lol::lol:

Reminds me of that really tall kid in everyone's freshman basketball team that has no hand-eye coordination but is literally 6'6 in the 9th grade so you gotta play him (obviously Fulkerson is better, but just something funny that came up to me).

Reactions: 1 person
No reason to laugh about his performance tonight. He was terrific in the middle of offense against the zone. He won the game imo

I know the cats were in foul trouble but Cal playing the zone lost them the game. We couldn't score against their man

Reactions: 13 people
Thought he played great in the second half as the man in the middle of the zone who can't shoot. Good zone defense as well. Incredible Fulk is back baby!

No reason to laugh about his performance tonight. He was terrific in the middle of offense against the zone. He won the game imo

I know the cats were in foul trouble but Cal playing the zone lost them the game. We couldn't score against their man

ding ding ding...winner. Calipari once again shows his inability and unwillingness to make in-game adjustments. He allows us to suffer, suffer, suffer and then will complain after the game about effort/hustle/or some other bs.

ding ding ding...winner. Calipari once again shows his inability and unwillingness to make in-game adjustments. He allows us to suffer, suffer, suffer and then will complain after the game about effort/hustle/or some other bs.

Yep. Not impressed at all by him lately

Fulkerson keying off the free throw line and Williams running low post baseline is a reaallly good look against a zone. Hope we see that some more.

Reactions: 3 people
to all the haters...Fulk you...glad to see him play a little better...now, get his butt in the weight room and wolf down some Big Mac's...:)

GO VOLS!

Fulkerson keying off the free throw line and Williams running low post baseline is a reaallly good look against a zone. Hope we see that some more.

That is good coaching. And I was hard on Barnes after the Auburn game.

I thought his block of the 3 pointer toward the end, although not the dagger but after it led to a dunk felt comfortable

I like Fulkerson. I always have. I would not be surprised that he makes an all conference team before he is done.

He is athletic, hustles, runs the floor and passes well. He has a good stroke at the line. He just needs experience. Tennessee has him for this year and three more. Last years injury may end up being a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: 2 people
I liked when he and Alexander were pushing upcourt and basically fighting over who had to dribble the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
to all the haters...Fulk you...glad to see him play a little better...now, get his butt in the weight room and wolf down some Big Mac's...:)

GO VOLS!

1985Vol is the poster child. Even after Fulk's game, instead of admitting that he was wrong for ripping the player... he posts this:

"He made some nice passes and got a couple of rebounds that fell in his lap but the truth is, he gets pushed around in the paint and is not ready to contribute at the SEC level. "

So apparently Fulkerson didn't compete last night and had a couple of lucky rebounds.

A lot of Vol fans bust on Fulkerson but I like the kid. His passing and basketball IQ is very good, although he seems to lack confidence. I think his offense will improve over time.

A lot of Vol fans bust on Fulkerson but I like the kid. His passing and basketball IQ is very good, although he seems to lack confidence. I think his offense will improve over time.

This is why he plays. Great IQ.

1985Vol is the poster child. Even after Fulk's game, instead of admitting that he was wrong for ripping the player... he posts this:

"He made some nice passes and got a couple of rebounds that fell in his lap but the truth is, he gets pushed around in the paint and is not ready to contribute at the SEC level. "

So apparently Fulkerson didn't compete last night and had a couple of lucky rebounds.

Lol, why not tell the whole story. I said Fulkerson is not quite ready for SEC play, he needs to get in the weight room and drink a ton of protein shakes. I also said he has the potential to be an All SEC caliber player before he graduates.

Lol, why not tell the whole story. I said Fulkerson is not quite ready for SEC play, he needs to get in the weight room and drink a ton of protein shakes. I also said he has the potential to be an All SEC caliber player before he graduates.

The whole story is that you were chronically ripping his play last night.

If TN plays more poor shooting teams they need to keep playing zone with Fulkerson getting lots of minutes.

Fulkerson has some real potential. I do, however, think he was playing better early last year than he has so far this season. I think the injury really derailed his development. Keep in mind that he was outperforming Grant Williams early last season. It is fortunate the injury occurred early enough to get the medical redshirt for the year.

The reality is he played pretty well last night but his performance this year has been pretty spotty. He needs to be more aggressive offensively. He was wide open in the middle of that zone time and again and I think only scored one time when everyone in the gym was yelling for him to shoot. He needs to be able to make a team pay for lagging off of him like that especially against a zone. He also got flat owned on the block by some of the UK posts because of the strength disparity, which, again, was probably exacerbated by his elbow injury and also happened to some of our other guys as UK is really talented in the block.

All in all, I am excited about Fulkerson. He played well early last season and last night was his best game of this season. He needs to knock off the rust, regain some confidence as he is playing too tentatively to be effective consistently right now, and hit the weights hard this coming offseason and I think he’s going to be very good for us next year and beyond while giving us some good minutes this year.

If TN plays more poor shooting teams they need to keep playing zone with Fulkerson getting lots of minutes.

Why? He is still a liability on the defensive end, zone or man to man. Until he gets stronger and can block out without getting pushed around, his minutes need to be limited. He does looks as though he can help us on the offensive end against teams that play a zone defense. Don't expect too many coaches to be as stubborn as Calipari was last night against us though.

He's getting there. It is a combination of being out of basketball shape and being a half step slow, not having enough bulk, and just getting back into the flow of games. I think Barnes sees his potential though, and allowing him minutes now will pay off big-time in the future.

Thunder don't get me wrong, last season before the injury I thought Fulkerson was playing like an All SEC freshman. The injuries have kept him out of the weight room and he is getting pushed around. Once he heals and can start lifting and getting stronger, I think he is going to develop into a really fine player over the next 3 1/2 year. I just feel right now he is a liability on the defensive end of the court due to the circumstances. However, Barnes doesn't have a choice as Walker looked completely out of his league last night in his 3 minutes of play.

Last night exhibited why it's ignorant to rip Fulkerson (and Barnes) as soon as he enters a game and bash him relentlessly if he makes any mistake. His minutes are extremely valuable when Williams sits. He busts his ass. He missed 9 months with 3 injuries. He's a VFL that's playing through the set back and doesn't deserve the garbage that gets posted about him.

Last night exhibited why it's ignorant to rip Fulkerson (and Barnes) as soon as he enters a game and bash him relentlessly if he makes any mistake. His minutes are extremely valuable when Williams sits. He busts his ass. He missed 9 months with 3 injuries. He's a VFL that's playing through the set back and doesn't deserve the garbage that gets posted about him.

Dude Fulk played good down the stretch, and helped UT win last night, but let’s not pretend it’s something it’s not.

Up until that point he hasn’t shown anything this year except that he can foul. Maybe he isn’t 100% but he still needs to prove himself before he receives the lion share of the benches minutes.

Dude Fulk played good down the stretch, and helped UT win last night, but let’s not pretend it’s something it’s not.

Up until that point he hasn’t shown anything this year except that he can foul. Maybe he isn’t 100% but he still needs to prove himself before he receives the lion share of the benches minutes.

Apparently he has done that. Barnes is playing Fulkerson over Walker and Kent. As long as Williams is foul prone he can't be expected to get many more than 25 mpg. Thee is no need to rip Fulkerson the second he hits the floor and go chronic as soon as he makes a mistake. He's damn good for a "freshman".

VN Store

Back