Out played across the front line
Missed a dunk
Bone has made great strides
Not same at tip (Bone)
Bone has the flu kept coming out with cramps

Give Auburn credit.
Weren't getting long rebounds.
Tn started with too many3s

Need more than Grant inside scoring... Fulk and Alexander specifically mentioned as needed inside scoring threats

Came out of Time Outs wanting to establish inside game but didn't

Respect for Caipari... youngest team in country

TN purposely put together toughest schefule in country

Overcoming immaturity goes back to practice

How have leads been lost?... It's the game momentum , ebbs and flows. Lots of points can be scored in a few seconds (Arkansas)

Wrong guy took the ball out (last night)

3 out of 4 possessions turn ball over

^^^^ was still talking about maturity

Need to stop making same mistakes. The players know what they're supposed to be doing.

Not getting ball to Williams 4 or 5 times in a row.

Daniel knows we don't need him dribbling out the possession.

Bad choices on shot selection... settling too quickly for 3s.

Sometimes need losses to get their attention.

He'd have same concerns at 2-0.

Talk about KY after break

(Unedited ^^^^)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I still appreciate that he's not filtered and isn't full of isms like Butch.

Kentucky:

Sold out

Need to be aggressive on defense take care of basketball rebound on both ends

It's the "Bib Kedling Show" per crb

Surprised that rebounding isn't better

Need to get Fulk back... Understands he missed 19 months

Need Wakker playing like in summer

Need Pons or JJ

Worst game by Bowden last night

Targets now on backs

Best bb when guards are rebounding

Grant 6.7 rebounds Schofield at 6

What's Kyle? What's Fulky?

Not taking anything away from Auburn

^^^^ rebounding

Ky very long

Not great shooters

Will get better and better and better

Keys transition defense no bad shots finish defensive possession have to rebound

Broke his diet in Hickory today

Son had 4 pieces if chicken and 2 hamburgers

Best Chrustmas gift? Seeing his family

Son came in during Arkansas and has been bad luck

Barnes loves Bob too

Reactions: 1 person
223rd meeting versus KY will be most RN meetings.

Which rivalry is 2nd?

Vol Trivia

I'd guess Candy. Answer is next week.

Jamie Nahred Narred Nard on now.

Failure to adjust 2nd half to the opponents adjustments falls on the coaches.

Preparing a young team with specific objectives and sticking to the plan is a philosophy as well. Maybe he'd change on the fly with highly experienced guards.

But... he said the plan was to get the ball inside and the plan wasn't being followed. No need to change to a different one when the team isn't following the original plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Did you forget Rick Barnes’ history? He was known for that at Texas. Good, but never excellent. Doesn’t surprise me THAT much tbh.

Does not surprise me at all. He is the same guy we hired when we hired him. Just doesn’t recruit as well now.

Funny how some of ya’ll were claiming Barnes to be an excellent coach two games ago.

Now he sucks and Pearl needs to be rehired after lying to the NCAA and his employer.

This place is so predictable.

Reactions: 7 people
Preparing a young team with specific objectives and sticking to the plan is a philosophy as well. Maybe he'd change on the fly with highly experienced guards.

But... he said the plan was to get the ball inside and the plan wasn't being followed. No need to change to a different one when the team isn't following the original one.
Did you see the stat where Auburn is tied as the 2nd youngest team in the nation? We returned almost everyone from last year, yes, we are young, but eventually we have to figure out our 2nd half woes. I like our guys, our coaches and this university, but early on I’m seeing bad signs that Barnes’ gets outcoached in the 2nd half.

Did you see the stat where Auburn is tied as the 2nd youngest team in the nation? We returned almost everyone from last year, yes, we are young, but eventually we have to figure out our 2nd half woes. I like our guys, our coaches and this university, but early on I’m seeing bad signs that Barnes’ gets outcoached in the 2nd half.

Barnes has a different philosophy than Bruce. He does it his way... that's the point.

I don't believe Barnes gets outcoached in the second half or any time else. We are a young team and CRB is doing a fantastic job coaching. Pearl's team is much more athletic from top to bottom, and he has done a good job with them. But Pearl hasn't blown anybody's socks off until now. He has apparently recruited well, but stand by...haha, you know how that might pan out here within the next couple of years. You'll never have to worry about that kind of stuff with CRB...and, you'll always get a quality product on the floor.

I always loved Pearl when he was here, but I'd take Barnes plus the trust factor any day.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back