This Team Was Hungover

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Simply wasn’t playing up to their potential.

We just seemed lazy and Auburn clearly wanted it more.

No excuses.

Barnes does deserve a bit of heat for this loss.

Hope they get it together for UK.

Reactions: 1 person
Lies. The better coach won. Period. Pearl coaches all 94 feet. Barnes only coaches half court. If Barnes doesn't have far superior talent, he cant win. Barnes plays with one arm tied behind his back. Because he can't coach the press or how to trap. Pearl is elite. Barnes is mediocre. Barnes is about to start the SEC 0-3. Pearl has Auburn 13-1. Let it sink all the way in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8 people
Lies. The better coach won. Period. Pearl coaches all 94 feet. Barnes only coaches half court. If Barnes doesn't have far superior talent, he cant win. Barnes plays with one arm tied behind his back. Because he can't coach the press or how to trap. Pearl is elite. Barnes is mediocre. Barnes is about to start the SEC 0-3. Pearl has Auburn 13-1. Let it sink all the way in.

Then go root for Auburn.

Still waiting on you to school me about that Sweet 16 win Pearl has over Barnes.

Reactions: 4 people

Pearl actually has better talent. What has he done the last few years?

Reactions: 2 people
Not hating on purpose, but anybody else see the red nose glow from BP? Non basketball related, but that look is usually not good.

Not hating on purpose, but anybody else see the red nose glow from BP? Non basketball related, but that look is usually not good.
Stop looking for reasons to defend the UT admin for firing the single best coach in any sport since Summit was hired. All we had to do was fight to keep Bruce. Look at UNC. The NCAA is a house of cards. We didn't appreciate him. Now Bruce has Auburn sitting at 13 and 1. Auburn won't make the same mistake. Their fanbase is much smarter and demands competent coaches. It was harder for Coach Pearl to rebuild at Auburn than at UT. Tennessee, historically, is second only to Kentucky in the SEC. Historically Auburn is like UT is in football right now, dead last.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Stop looking for reasons to defend the UT admin for firing the single best coach in any sport since Summit was hired. All we had to do was fight to keep Bruce. Look at UNC. The NCAA is a house of cards. We didn't appreciate him. Now Bruce has Auburn sitting at 13 and 1. Auburn won't make the same mistake. Their fanbase is much smarter and demands competent coaches. It was harder for Coach Pearl to rebuild at Auburn than at UT. Tennessee, historically, is second only to Kentucky in the SEC. Historically Auburn is like UT is in football right now, dead last.

Just noting an observation. If he was still our coach I’d point it out.

You took some liberties with those facts in your last two sentences, but it's not worth arguing and not that easy anyway.

We basically got beat by a team that plays 1 on 1 basketball without the Duke and UK recruits. A team that didn't have much size that got about every loose rebound. A team that had problems throwing it in the ocean for 30 minutes if not for 3 shot opportunities at a time.

This was a very disappointing effort against a team that did not look nearly as good as Arkansas and the Vols had home court. Fans were starting to buy in but the the players appeared to be looking even more at the press clippings.

I am just glad I held off on buying Vandy tickets for next week.

Then go root for Auburn and eff off.

You idiots would have stayed in your holes if Auburn had lost, and you as hell haven’t said anything the previous 3 years.

Tryptophan

BTW, Bruce got Bruce fired. He couldn't stop lying. Lying to the NCAA is one thing. Lying to your employer is something else and Bruce deserved to be fired. Take away Buzz's gifts of Lofton, JaJuan, Dane, Major, Andre, and CJ and Bruce would never have had the momentum. The Bruce Pearl Era was a perfect storm. Started with a loaded roster. Quickly had $50 million or more in facility upgrades. He blew it.

Choking against Arkansas.

We had that game won.

---
You know how many times we can say "we had that game won" during Barnes tenure?

Barnes just good enough to give you hope...and then pop the balloon.

I was gonna say to give him credit for getting us out of the SEC basement...but he really hasn't yet.

Look up "heartbreak" in the dictionary and there's a picture of Barnes.

He's not a terrible coach...but if we want the next level..we'll need someone else to get us there.

This demoralizing start to SEC play is just the start of the all out freefall coming our way.

Reactions: 2 people
I do root for Pearl. You don't? I also have season tickets to UT basketball, and I clearly see the difference. Do you?

Tryptophan

BTW, Bruce got Bruce fired. He couldn't stop lying. Lying to the NCAA is one thing. Lying to your employer is something else and Bruce deserved to be fired. Take away Buzz's gifts of Lofton, JaJuan, Dane, Major, Andre, and CJ and Bruce would never have had the momentum. The Bruce Pearl Era was a perfect storm. Started with a loaded roster. Quickly had $50 million or more in facility upgrades. He blew it.

You left out the part where he went to 6 straight tourneys and won over 140 games in 6 years, or should I give that credit to Buzz?

Reactions: 3 people
I do root for Pearl. You don't? I also have season tickets to UT basketball, and I clearly see the difference. Do you?

Let's see where we are at the end of this season. There has been no difference since Pearl has been at Auburn. He was 1-4 against UT until tonight, and it's not like we have had great teams. Got beat by 40 2 years ago in the SECT. You are crazy.

VN Store

Back