volsarelife1 post game thoughts vs Auburn

volsarelife1

This is mainly going to be a negative and ******* post game.

1. That was a pretty pathetic effort (minus a few stretches). Awful job of coaching by Barnes tonight as well. (Tgo you talked about Barnes and his timeouts guess what he left the game with still 1 in his pocket. Should have used it during that first half run) No excuse for that kind of effort with your SEC home opener. This game was lost when we let them go on a 23-6 run in the first half.

2. Rebounding. Or lack there of I should say. Goes back to effort. You can't give up 22 offensive rebounds and win a game. Just can't happen. Those offensive rebounds lead to Aubrun taking 16 more shots than us.

3. Passing. They had some of the dumbest passes I've ever seen. I don't even know what they were attempting on some of then.

4. Kyle Alexander and Jordan Bowden? I still don't think they knew we had a game tonight.

5. SEC officiating is atrocious. The officials killed the flow of the game. A combined 66 free throws were attempted. You can't play a game with officials like that.

6. Our shot selection was awful all game. We acted clueless for a lot of our possessions.

7. There's a good chance with our next game being against Kentucky we start SEC play 0-3. So much for that good start if this happens.

8. Now something positive. Turner and Bone had great games. Also Darrignton was aggressive on defense. Our free throw shooting was also positive.

9. Really nothing good about this game at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think what you are seeing is another NIT team. I do not see these guys beating Kentucky.

Oh well, there is always football season. Oh wait....

This team isn’t going to win 6 or 7 in a row in this league. It’s critical to win home games.

1. That was a pretty pathetic effort (minus a few stretches). Awful job of coaching by Barnes tonight as well. (Tgo you talked about Barnes and his timeouts guess what he left the game with still 1 in his pocket. Should have used it during that first half run) No excuse for that kind of effort with your SEC home opener. This game was lost when we let them go on a 23-6 run in the first half.

2. Rebounding. Or lack there of I should say. Goes back to effort. You can't give up 22 offensive rebounds and win a game. Just can't happen. Those offensive rebounds lead to Aubrun taking 16 more shots than us.

3. Passing. They had some of the dumbest passes I've ever seen. I don't even know what they were attempting on some of then.

4. Kyle Alexander and Jordan Bowden? I still don't think they knew we had a game tonight.

5. SEC officiating is atrocious. The officials killed the flow of the game. A combined 66 free throws were attempted. You can't play a game with officials like that.

6. Our shot selection was awful all game. We acted clueless for a lot of our possessions.

7. There's a good chance with our next game being against Kentucky we start SEC play 0-3. So much for that good start if this happens.

8. Now something positive. Turner and Bone had great games. Also Darrignton was aggressive on defense. Our free throw shooting was also positive.

9. Really nothing good about this game at all.

There's a good chance this team starts out 0-5 or 0-6 if they don't wake up.

As I said in the game thread, Barnes' good will he built up in the first month is gone.

Reactions: 3 people
This was a very bad game. We should all pray it was a fluke because we looked uncharacteristic tonight.

That being said, we have shown that we can ball, so I'm not ready to start talking about 0-4 to start SEC play. The way the respond against UK will be telling for this team and coach Barnes.

- We missed so many easy shots.

- Passing was atrocious. So careless with the basketball, and we actually led this game by 14 at two points in the 1st half.

- Admiral Schofield was so bad and careless, it appeared as if he were on the take.

- Jordan Bowden took 4 shots. 4 shots! Barnes better make him shoot 2000 between now and Saturday.

- Gave up 22 offensive rebs! Serious, not a misprint. Also got outrebounded by

- Ted Valentine is an embarrassment to the sport. In a sport with terrible officiating, he's the poster boy.

- We gave up 74 shot attempts thanks to this 22 ORebs. AU shot 40.5%. We are now 0-4 when allowing our opponent to shoot 40%+. Not a coincidence.

- We got outhustled and generally looked disinterested. Not sure how you look past a 12-1 team, but we looked like a team who either had an Arkansas hangover, or was looking ahead to UK.

- Barnes has his work cut out for him. All the goodwill he gained in the early season is vanishing quickly. A loss Saturday, and the natives will be getting restless (or more so).

- Barnes has his work cut out for him. All the goodwill he gained in the early season is vanishing quickly. A loss Saturday, and the natives will be getting restless (or more so).

This especially sucks because this loss was coaching more than anything else imo.

Reactions: 1 person
This was a very bad game. We should all pray it was a fluke because we looked uncharacteristic tonight.

That being said, we have shown that we can ball, so I'm not ready to start talking about 0-4 to start SEC play. The way the respond against UK will be telling for this team and coach Barnes.

They are going to have to figure out a way to keep Kentucky out of the lane and off the line.

That is going to be hard to do. The refs are not doing Tennessee any favors.

- Passing was atrocious. So careless with the basketball, and we actually led this game by 14 at two points in the 1st half.

- Admiral Schofield was so bad and careless, it appeared as if he were on the take.

- Jordan Bowden took 4 shots. 4 shots! Barnes better make him shoot 2000 between now and Saturday.

- Ted Valentine is an embarrassment to the sport. In a sport with terrible officiating, he's the poster boy.

- We gave up 74 shot attempts thanks to this 22 ORebs. AU shot 40.5%. We are now 0-4 when allowing our opponent to shoot 40%+. Not a coincidence.

- We got outhustled and generally looked disinterested. Not sure how you look past a 12-1 team, but we looked like a team who either had an Arkansas hangover, or was looking ahead to UK.

100% agree. It's already going down.

Reactions: 1 person

Seriously, do the officials have a union? Or is it just the good old boy network? How do conferences keep contracting Ted Valentine to do their games? I just don't understand.

Seriously, do the officials have a union? Or is it just the good old boy network? How do conferences keep contracting Ted Valentine to do their games? I just don't understand.

It's really unreal. I don't get it. Honest to God, this is not sour grapes. He is awful. He'd have a hard time on the high school circuit, let alone top flight Power 5 courts.

Yes, late in the game TN cut the lead to single digits a couple of times, actually had the ball and could have cut the lead to 5 or less. Had TN executed, not made a turnover here and there, not given up who knows how many end of game 3s (was it 3? 4?), actually converted another basket or two, and then having that time out available would have been crucial.

There was an attempted momentum stopping timeout called (2nd half I believe), and immediately following that TN TO: TN turned it over, Auburn scored, TN missed a shot, Auburn scored. Burning a TO won't necessarily fix anything (see previous sentence), it gives opponents a rest (which you certainly don't want to do when the strategy includes getting their young bigs into foul trouble), and won't settle down a raucous crowd when you're the home team.

-
- Jordan Bowden took 4 shots. 4 shots! Barnes better make him shoot 2000 between now and Saturday.disinterested.

He's starting to look like the next very talented shooter who disappears for games at a time. We've had one of those types for what seems to be forever now. I had hoped he'd be our next Lofton. Now I think he's our next Hopson.

He's starting to look like the next very talented shooter who disappears for games at a time. We've had one of those types for what seems to be forever now. I had hoped he'd be our next Lofton. Now I think he's our next Hopson.

I wish he'd be like Scotty Hopson. I think he's more like a tall Skylar McBee right now.

If you look at the schedule an 0-7 start is a real possibility if they don't get it together.

Please tell me you saw his antics in the UNC-FSU game last night. Jay Bilas called him out on Twitter. Valentine is a complete joke and embarrassment to college basketball.

Please tell me you saw his antics in the UNC-FSU game last night. Jay Bilas called him out on Twitter. Valentine is a complete joke and embarrassment to college basketball.

Amazing to me that clown gets to keep his job.

There's several awful refs though. Doug Shows is atrocious.

The NCAA's refusal to do anything about their officiating every year moves me closer to losing interest in college basketball. It gets worse every year, the same clowns keep getting to make the game almost unwatchable, and literally nothing is done.

And I don't mean just UT games, I mean overall. It's so bad.

VN Store

Back