A Message To The NCAA...

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
How about teaching these damn referees to stop being one sided and delusional when it comes to calling fouls on opposing teams?

Not saying it cost us the W but most of our players were fouled out due to questionable foul calls.

Especially the one where Williams clearly got a clean block then got called for a foul.

It’s making it harder & harder to watch college basketball due to horrible officiating. It ruins the flow of the game and no team can get any momentum going.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 people
I agree with ya bro, but no one in the NCAA GAS. Just keep churning out $$$.

I think the SEC choses basketball refs for their games. NCAA only decides refs during the tournament.

Both football and basketball officiating is getting worse over time. No accountability, no national standards that I am aware of. I don’t trust the NCAA anyway if they ever did try and improve officiating.

Reactions: 6 people
Probably like in high school when the refs got paid in cash by the home team from the concession stand proceeds. LoL . You always got the close calls.

Reactions: 3 people
In the refs defense, it's got to be difficult to catch everything as fast as these players are. But one primary principle is to not blow the whistle unless they actually see a reason rather than anticipate or assume. Williams 4th foul was mysterious. I'd like to put a stop watch on that early 5 second call as well. And there are some that are just flat out ass holes... Doug Shows especially.

Reactions: 4 people
Local associations are looking for good HS refs and umps to help keep the sport going and well officiated. Please feel free to sign up, get some experience and move on up into the college ranks too. The pay is pretty good, too.

I think refs have always been and always will be bad. My biggest gripe is how much time they spend on instant replay. Good Lord. The last 7 minutes and overtime took like an hour. Seems like they reviewed about 6-7 plays.

Reactions: 2 people
Refs called a lot of fouls on Tenn away from the ball. And when Ark was struggling. Didn’t notice many vs Ark away from the ball, Doug Shows is the ultimate homer.

Reactions: 4 people
The referring is bad. It is bad for both teams. It is always bad and I have just come to expect it. Still doesn't make any easier to watch. It is frustrating for everybody.

Home team usually gets the calls and today Arkansas got the calls. Tennessee still should have won.

Agree wholeheartedly with the lousy officials.I do not care for Kentucky except when a SEC team plays in a bowl game,but, who the help does that ref who ejected Benny Snell think he is?Are all the college and pro ref's on work release?

Reactions: 3 people
The ncaa does not care how bad the officials are.
As perhaps the most corrupt and incompetent organization in the country, they are guilty of "lack of institutional control".

Refs called a lot of fouls on Tenn away from the ball. And when Ark was struggling. Didn’t notice many vs Ark away from the ball, Doug Shows is the ultimate homer.
Shows is a show-boating jerk with NO integrity. :no:

VN Store

Back