What will be Tennessee’s record through first 6 SEC games?

What do you realistically expect Tennessee’s record to be through first 6 SEC games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedingTNorange

We have arguably the toughest first third of any team in the league, I am curious as to what everyone’s realistic expectations are for this opening stretch. (spreads per Sagarin’s predictor)

@Arkansas 6.5pt underdogs
Auburn 4.5pt favorites
Kentucky pick em’
@Vanderbilt 1.5pt favorites
Texas A&M 1.5pt underdogs
@Missouri 3pt underdogs

So underdogs in 3/6 games, a pick em’ in another game, slight favorites in the other 2. Imo 2-4 wouldn’t shock me, and would hardly be disastrous, but I’m hoping for 3-3...that would be a very strong start given the schedule imo.

Reactions: 2 people
We have arguably the toughest first third of any team in the league, I am curious as to what everyone’s realistic expectations are for this opening stretch. (spreads per Sagarin’s predictor)

@Arkansas 6.5pt underdogs
Auburn 4.5pt favorites
Kentucky pick em’
@Vanderbilt 1.5pt favorites
Texas A&M 1.5pt underdogs
@Missouri 3pt underdogs

So underdogs in 3/6 games, a pick em’ in another game, slight favorites in the other 2. Imo 2-4 wouldn’t shock me, and would hardly be disastrous, but I’m hoping for 3-3...that would be a very strong start given the schedule imo.

3-3 should probably be the benchmark. First two home games are very winnable. A&M is a toss-up. We should win at Vandy, and hope for a split at Mizzou and Arky.

We should find a way to scratch out 3 wins in that stretch. 2-4 would signal, to me, that this team may have peaked.

If we go 4-2 we are going to contend for the title this year. Not that I think it happens but 4-2 would be making a statement

Reactions: 1 person
Seeing that we didn't win any SEC games this season any wins would be good in my book. Not kidding.

I think we will definitely beat Auburn, Vanderbilt and Missouri and steal one of the other games. I’m not completely sold on A&M and Kentucky looks beatable. Arkansas is actually the team I’m most concerned about in this stretch. It’s not that I think they are a better team but they just look like a bad matchup for us with their length and athleticism.

If we go 4-2 we are going to contend for the title this year. Not that I think it happens but 4-2 would be making a statement

Agree...as of now after those first 6 we are favored in 10/12 games to finish the SEC slate, find a way to go 4-2 and we will definitely be right there imo. I see league winner probably being around 13-5, nobody is going to run away and go 16-2 or 17-1 imo.

Agree...as of now after those first 6 we are favored in 10/12 games to finish the SEC slate, find a way to go 4-2 and we will definitely be right there imo. I see league winner probably being around 13-5, nobody is going to run away and go 16-2 or 17-1 imo.

Underdogs @UK, and then either @Bama, or Florida in Knox?

KY or TAMU would be the loses I see here. Gotta win at home, and need to beat Arky. Barford, their PG, played at my highschool. Need those bragging rights lol.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm really wanting to get a 1-6 seed in the tourney this year. So I think at leat going 3-3 let's us stay in decent shape of getting that goal.

I’m confident in this team and believe they will get a 4-2 record. Ark and A&M would be the ones I lean to the L on with Mizz and Uk being tough as well.

4-2.

And MO -3 vs UT - seriously? Illinois took them apart at Columbia. Whoever picked that line must think we're still on course to be 13th in the SEC. I bet we're favored by Vegas.

The Volunteers two losses are against ranked teams. I'll be interested to see if SEC teams with good records are as intimidating, even if they're not ranked.

VN Store

Back