Bowden's Potential...

Recoil

Keeping the Gate
He's such an excellent shooter. I know he's very early in his career with UT, but man, he can stroke it.

Who does he remind you of? He's at 60% from deep right now. With the obvious regression, I'm betting he'll still finish north of 45% from deep.

If Grant Williams is Baby Barkley (per Jay Bilas), is Bowden Klay Thompson lite? Is there a Vol from years past he reminds you of?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
I'd pump the brakes just a bit. Bowden is still far more of a threat while spotting up. When he has to put the ball on the floor he's far less effective. I don't know if Danny Manning had his players prepared on how to defend him today.

Still, it's good to have a weapon that can hang around in the corners and at the top of the key that can catch and shoot. Williams has somebody to kick it to when defenses collapse on him. Alexander isn't as good at that. Fulkerson could be and Walker is a good passer too. Our other guards need to drive into the paint and look for him more often.

No offence to Grant but Barkley was in a different league. Shorter, more powerful and could take the ball to the hoop.

Not sure where Bilas got his stats (60%). After the game Bowden's updated stats were 56.8% on threes. I mean not shabby but not what Bilas was stating.

He's such an excellent shooter. I know he's very early in his career with UT, but man, he can stroke it.

Who does he remind you of? He's at 60% from deep right now. With the obvious regression, I'm betting he'll still finish north of 45% from deep.

If Grant Williams is Baby Barkley (per Jay Bilas), is Bowden Klay Thompson lite? Is there a Vol from years past he reminds you of?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Thanks!

Bilas loves the Vols. :wub:

That is not true. He played hard like all good players do. Sad how our so called posters have to try and degrade others.

You don't think that it was far more physical in the paint 30 years ago? Sad that you don't know that The Round Mound of Rebound threw his weight around,

Jordy Mac imo... at this point could he be further ahead of where JMac was? I think so. Bowden is a hell of a defender as well. Could be a NBA player before it's all said and done.

Last edited:
Bowden might be another JaJuan Smith ? Not yet , but not that far off either

JaJuan was one of the best in the last 15 years at creating his own shot. Jordan has a long ways to go to be that. That is his biggest drawback right now. He is a a great shooter, but he is pretty much a spot-up shooter at this point. He needs to become more aggressive, tighten up his handle, and develop a step-back jumper to be in that J. Smith category.

Kyle Korver seems like a fair comp. Wayne Ellington another one.

Playstyle. Not saying he is/will be that good

Last edited:
Pretty sure Grant makes a living taking the ball to the hoop....not sure if you’ve seen him play before.

And he's good. Barkley though, was great. We need to pump the breaks on Grant's ability as compared to some of the game's greatest players

Only differences with Barkley I see it Charles was more explosive and a better outside shooter than Grant. But that's not a slap at Grant. Barkley is one of NBAs top 25-50 players of all time. As for Bowden he is fantastic. His jumpshot looks nothing like Houston's but similar results. If Jordan keeps this up and can fine tune other things of his game. He could be a first round pick after his junior season. Right now he is a talented COACHABLE kid which means he will achieve great things.

I love Grant, but Barkley is a once in a lifetime talent. How many 6'5 guys have led the NBA in rebounding in the last 40 years? None, not named Charles Barkley.

Bowden is a hell of a player. Great shooter and plays very good defense. Bowden needs to get a lot more selfish, needs to average, 12 shots a game, imo, 15 shots, at least.

VN Store

Back