The Official #21 Tennessee @ Wake Forest Game Thread, 12:30 PM ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#21 Tennessee Volunteers: 8-2 (0-0 SEC)

636494041550742488-KNS-vols-bball-furman-2037.JPG

@

Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 7-4 (0-0 ACC)

usa_today_9699710.0.jpg

DEC. 23 » LJVM COLISEUM » WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. » 12:31 PM ET

Line: UT -1.5
O/U: 147.5

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 81, XM: 81
Online: WatchESPN.com

11_Game_Promo_Wake_Forest.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
• Overall: UT leads, 8-2

• In Knoxville: UT leads, 6-0

• In Winston-Salem: Tied, 1-1

• Neutral Sites: Tied, 1-1

• Current Streak: UT has won three straight

• Last Meeting: UT won, 82-63, in the Bahamas, 11/30/13

• Rick Barnes vs. Wake Forest: 4-9

• Rick Barnes vs. Danny Manning: No meetings

• Wake Forest is UT's fourth ACC opponent in the last 30 days. This is the seventh ACC game the Vols have played in two-plus seasons under Rick Barnes.

• The Vols are rated No. 12 in the NCAA and ESPN InsideRPI, with the nation's 10th-rated SOS.

• Tennessee's two losses this season have come at the hands of the last two national champions.

Reactions: 4 people
• Improve UT's all-time record against current members of the ACC to 109-99

• Ensure that the Vols enter SEC play with two or fewer losses for the first time since 2009-10

• Give the Vols a 2-0 record in true road games this season (both at ACC venues)

• Be UT's fourth victory away from home over a Power Five opponent (fifth if you count the exhibition win at Clemson)

Reactions: 5 people
• Head coach Danny Manning is in his third season with the Demon Deacons.

• Last season, All-American and first team All-ACC performer John Collins (19.2 ppg, 9.8 rpg) led the Deacs to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since the 2009-10 season. Collins chose to enter the NBA Draft after the season and was selected 19th overall by the Atlanta Hawks.

• Despite the loss of its star player, Wake Forest returns 11 of 16 players from last year's roster, including two starters. Junior guard Bryant Crawford (16.2 ppg, 5.5 apg, 3.8 rpg) started all 33 games for the Deacs and led the team in assists and steals last year. Redshirt junior guard Keyshawn Woods (12.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 3.5 apg) is the other returning starter.

• Crawford has picked up where he finished last season, averaging 16.4 ppg, 4.9 apg, 2.7 rpg and 2.0 spg. He excels at drawing fouls and getting to the charity stripe, where he's converting on 92 percent (58-of-63) of his attempts.

• Junior center Doral Moore, who had only one start in his career entering the season, has started every game for Wake and is reaching his potential as a top-100 prospect out of high school. So far, he's posting 11.1 ppg on an impressive 85 percent (52-of-61) shooting from the floor. He is the team-leader in rebounds (7.9) and blocks (2.0) per game.

• Wake Forest enters the contest riding a six-game winning streak and is playing its best ball of the season. Over the streak, WF is averaging 86.0 ppg while holding its opponents to 69.6 ppg.

Reactions: 4 people
Always enjoy reading your game threads. They are well written with an abundance of knowledge. You're a better reporter and writer than most of the clowns in the Knoxville media.
Thanks

Our defense will hold them to 63 .
We move the ball around better and quit all the one on one playground ball.
We win 77-63

We've played good ball away from home so far. They seen to focus more and play with purpose. Look for Alexander to step up on defense and protect the basket.

Always enjoy reading your game threads. They are well written with an abundance of knowledge. You're a better reporter and writer than most of the clowns in the Knoxville media.
Thanks

I appreciate the game threads too, but they are cut and pasted for the most part from utsports.com. And this is not a dig at Yankee Vol. I do not think he ever claimed all original content.
I appreciate his time and effort to bring this info to this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Coach Barnes basically let the team know that he's looking for a better performance than the last two games. Bowden especially is taking unselfish play a little too far. (WATE report, paraphrased badly.)

Will they respond to the challenge? Go Vols!

Hoping for a great performance today, I would like to see Williams and Alexander do like 8 give and go moves near the paint today, I'm sure Alexander can contribute a bit more if Barnes will allow it.

Go VOLS

This game scares me a little bit. If we do not get better guard play, especially from Bone and Turner, it could be a long day and then the Iowa St. Game will be huge.

thanks YV...if I were King of the forest...better come to play again...those Forest boys looking better each game...be nice to get this one before the SEC grind...hope the bench can help us out a little...:)

GO VOLS!

Hope to see some lockdown pressing defense the whole game. And rebounding has to get better. Need to get back to BFA tourney style of play. Hopefully we’re not wearing down.

Lots of money on the Deamons. We are a 1.5 pt dog now

We are walking into a ambush today I am afraid.

Wake 78
Vols 66

Reactions: 1 person
I appreciate the game threads too, but they are cut and pasted for the most part from utsports.com. And this is not a dig at Yankee Vol. I do not think he ever claimed all original content.
I appreciate his time and effort to bring this info to this forum.
Lol , after I wrote that I thought damn he must be a statistical genius. He does a great job bringing the imfo , really appreciate it.

I don’t know why but this game scares me a bit.

We should already be over the hangover after the UNC loss.

Hopefully our guys will bring their A game.

UT - 79
WF - 72

Vols 73
Demon Deacons 68

Bowden continues to step up with another 20 point game.

VN Store

Back