SEC Play Predictions/Discussion Thread

How many SEC wins? (Not including SECT)

• Total voters

VEKZY

With the SEC season less than 10 days away, and at least an 8-4 OOC record guaranteed (which most people would've been very happy with entering the season), I must say I am feeling great about our chances to make the tourney and win a good amount in conference.

My "official" prediction is 11 wins in SEC play. I think we finish 4th in the SEC (regular season), and lose in the semi-finals of the SEC tournament.

I think Darrington will be the player to "break-out" during SEC play, and I think Walker will also see increased playing time.

Lastly, I think we make the tournament, and make it to R32 or S16.

• What do you think our SEC record will be?
  • Will we make the NCAA tournament? If so, how far will we make it into the tourney?
  • Do you expect a player to break-out during SEC play?

I expect 12 wins in conference with a 10-2 record OOC. We'll finish 4th in the SEC and in the top 15 nationally. The SEC tournament will be an unexpected blemish with us going two and done. We'll earn a four seed in the tournament and make it to the sweet sixteen. A VERY good year.

I'm gonna say 11-7, yes to the NCAAT (easily)...probably round of 32, I believe Daniel will continue to become more of an offensive scoring threat while maintaining his ability to share the ball.

I doubt we beat both Iowa State and Wake on the road. I will take a split in those 2

It would be ideal, but even a split is better than most anyone hoped for...9-3 OOC, 9-9 league play for overall 18-12(9-9) has the Vols in the dance and playing for seeding in the SECT.

Which SEC are going to give us the most trouble this year, outside of A&M and KY

*I think Alabama's guards will give us trouble. Plus we seem to always struggle against them.

*Florida has good talent, just still figuring stuff out

**Miss State is looking tough too

Reactions: 1 person
I hate to be the pessimist, but it's what I do. Schedule appears too unkind to us. Too, I was hoping our bigs could develop quicker than they have managed to. I was hoping Pons might help more than it appears he can in his first year.

I see 7-11 in conference. No NCAA this year again I regret. Always want to be wrong , of course.

This team could go 12-6 or 13-5 in SEC play and go to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament.

I think Daniel and Darrington have big SEC campaigns and Walker and Fulkerson make bigger contributions up front by season's end.

This team could go 12-6 or 13-5 in SEC play and go to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament.

I think Daniel and Darrington have big SEC campaigns and Walker and Fulkerson make bigger contributions up front by season's end.

I think that Daniel might be just a little small to match CRB's defensive philosophy. He's a trade off... potential microwave-like explosive offensive threat while potentially being a big problem when defending and being forced to switch when screened.

12-6 in the sec.

We make the big party easily.

Daniels is the player I think Will bust loose. Bowden will score at 14 or 15 ppg.

10 wins, could be 11 or 12 if our guards, especially Bone and Turner play better than they have so far. I think Bowden is going to bust loose and average 12 to 15 ppg. I also think Daniel will break out in SEC play. Could be a Sweet 16 team if this all comes together.

SEC is much tougher this year. Heck I could see Kentucky only winning 10 games if they don’t bring it every night. We could have anywhere from 9-12 wins IMO. It’s great to have the conference this strong because we can have a .500 conference record and it look good. If we get to 20 wins in the regular season we could get as high as a 3/4 seed in the NCAAT. But as long as we aren’t in the 8/9 game I’ll be happy.

I think that Daniel might be just a little small to match CRB's defensive philosophy. He's a trade off... potential microwave-like explosive offensive threat while potentially being a big problem when defending and being forced to switch when screened.

He’s Mostella without the headache. Can go off any given time.

SEC is always tough, we always seem to beat each other up. I kinda expect UK to only win 10-12. I definitely think UT should be right there with UK, Texas A&M, and maybe UF (if they get back on track) around 10-12. Those two games against UK could be crucial.

VN Store

Back