Final Four run

BruinVol

Yea I know that is a hot take thread title but let's really think about.

Do we have the roster to make the final four in the next 2-3 years??

I think the answer is yes. Sure we need some breaks but let's just look at South Carolina a year ago. They had one elite player and I know many of you will say we don't have that top 30 5-star player yet but hell yes we do. His name is Grant Williams.

We have an elite PG in the making in Jordan Bone (damn it Barnes let him play with the game on the line)

And we have extremely good supporting players in Turner and Bowden. Fullerton and walker will develop into mean hard nosed physical inside players giving up a very comparable team to what USCe had a year ago.

Sure it will help to add pieces but I just don't think we have to add a Simmons type player to be taken seriously.

Hot Take prediction: Our Tennessee Vols for the first time in program history will attend the Final Four in the spring of 2020!

Reactions: 3 people
Getting to a Final Four involves some luck, but I do think this team could make a deep run the next two years with this roster. To maximize Williams' strengths, it would be nice to add a long wing who could get his own shot.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd like to suggest that we should get an invitation to an NCAAT before fantasizing about a Final Four.

I used USCe as my comparison. Sadly if that holds true this year would be our year to start fast and miss the dance. Biggest difference is our SOS shouldn't allow that to happen like it did to them.

i don't see a final 4 in out future. The basketball schools are getting stronger which means non-basketball schools are getting weaker. Its not like football, there are only 60 or 70 top athletes each year and the basketball schools get 95% of them. Hard to grab a blue chip player nowadays.

i don't see a final 4 in out future. The basketball schools are getting stronger which means non-basketball schools are getting weaker. Its not like football, there are only 60 or 70 top athletes each year and the basketball schools get 95% of them. Hard to grab a blue chip player nowadays.

I think it will happen. Teams like Gonzaga, Witchita State, and Butler come out of nowhere and get that far.

We could make a decent run this year. We will get in unless there is an epic collapse I don't see Barnes allowing.

Next year with a NCAAA team returning pretty much everyone, and we add a one and done player who may be the nation's best scorer, an Elite Eight or FF run is very possible. If he comes I think we start the season top ten as long as we make a NCAA appearance.

I think it's actually the opposite. There are a lot of blue bloods that are going to take a hit with this FBI investigation going on.

Also I think the bold part is false as well. There are hundreds of really good high school players out there that aren't highly rated, you just have to have a good coach that has the eye for talent and knows what he wants for his system.

This team that we have can play with any team in the country. Making the Final Four is all about luck, getting the right breaks, getting the right match-ups, and getting hot at the right time. It's possible that this could happen for this team.

We could make a decent run this year. We will get in unless there is an epic collapse I don't see Barnes allowing.

Next year with a NCAAA team returning pretty much everyone, and we add a one and done player who may be the nation's best scorer, an Elite Eight or FF run is very possible. If he comes I think we start the season top ten as long as we make a NCAA appearance.

They should at least be able to jump start our dead batteries and change our flats.

OP lost me at Bone as an elite PG...dude is a mediocre point at best.

As usual you're being overly harsh on the kids. Mediocre at best? Maybe he's still a relatively inexperienced PG that's not yet playing near his potential. Don't forget that he was out with a stress fracture for most of 2016... both the pre-season practice as well as the pre-conference schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's actually the opposite. There are a lot of blue bloods that are going to take a hit with this FBI investigation going on.

Also I think the bold part is false as well. There are hundreds of really good high school players out there that aren't highly rated, you just have to have a good coach that has the eye for talent and knows what he wants for his system.

This team that we have can play with any team in the country. Making the Final Four is all about luck, getting the right breaks, getting the right match-ups, and getting hot at the right time. It's possible that this could happen for this team.

Your thinking is very much in line with mine. I think recruiting is gonna be a little different from here on out.

However, some players are going to have to step up if we are going to have much of a chance past the Sweet Sixteen this year. Walker showed out in Europe. Pons has a world of potential. Fulkerson has a lot to offer, if he can put it all back together. So, it's possible, but potential is going to have to become reality with some or all of these guys, for this to happen.

Reactions: 1 person
He is ok. Not elite. I would rather have Daniel out there many times. Bone has problems handling ball pressure.

OP lost me at Bone as an elite PG...dude is a mediocre point at best.

The potential is there, but I don't think he will get there this year.

People were demanding that he be in the game at the end, but I am not sure ball control and decision making under pressure is his strong point at this juncture.

Did he not lose composure at the beginning of the second half against Villanova earlier this year?

VN Store

Back