SI pick/preview for UT-UNC

appyvol

This is the only game of the weekend between two ranked teams, as well as the biggest game thus far of the Rick Barnes era at Tennessee. The Tar Heels are going to do what they can to turn this game into a track meet. The Volunteers have enough athleticism to keep up for stretches, but they can’t let this devolve into 40 minutes of up-and-down basketball. Keep an eye on Tennessee’s free-throw shooting. Admiral Schofield, Lamonte Turner and Jordan Bone all shoot at least 80% from the stripe, while Grant Williams is at 75% on 44 attempts. Getting those four to the line will have the three-pronged effect of getting easy points, putting the Tar Heels in foul trouble, and preventing them from turning up the tempo. That could be the key to the game.

Tennessee 77, North Carolina 75

Reactions: 14 people
I do believe we'll win this game.

I hope the administration dont be a bunch of soft asses and lets the students rush the court.

Dont ruin the moment.

I hope the administration dont be a bunch of soft asses and lets the students rush the court.

Dont ruin the moment.

Highly, highly doubt that would happen. There was no court rushing when we beat Kansas at home back in 2010 (can't remember if they were #1 or #2), so I can't see it happening against #7.

Dont ruin the moment.
I hope you're the only one with the mindset to rush the court. We should have won the game last year at Chapel Hill. Beating them in TBA should be expected.

Reactions: 1 person

Beating the defending national champions would send the students into a frenzy. I can see them storming the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
school could possibly get a fine if the court is rushed by the students/fans...can't afford it...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT THE TAR HEELS!

UT 85
UNC 81

A close one will be decided by free throws as Williams and Schofield combine to get Maye in foul trouble and the guards take over down the stretch. Alexander will have a double digit day rebounding and he will block a few shots too.

Highly, highly doubt that would happen. There was no court rushing when we beat Kansas at home back in 2010 (can't remember if they were #1 or #2), so I can't see it happening against #7.

I was there and tried...had big bald headed security guards lined along the court..was not gonna allow it to happen.

VN Store

Back