Tennessee most unselfish team in CBB

Nice read . . . Barnes is doing a great job, in fact one of the best seasons of his career.

GBO

Reactions: 1 person
IMHO this squad is the most coachable team in recent memory..They rarely repeat mistakes and their effort is second to none..I thoroughly enjoy watching them play every minute of every game....

Reactions: 3 people
IMHO this squad is the most coachable team in recent memory..They rarely repeat mistakes and their effort is second to none..I thoroughly enjoy watching them play every minute of every game....

Coaching needs to be credited. They’re definitely coachable. But it still takes s coach to keep it going game in game out.

With that said it's so much fun being a basketball fan right now.

I think that's one reason why Freak is so loved in the BBall forum, he's pretty much the only mod that ever comes around with anything of substance when it comes to vols basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
With that said it's so much fun being a basketball fan right now.

I think that's one reason why Freak is so loved in the BBall forum, he's pretty much the only mod that ever comes around with anything of substance when it comes to vols basketball.

HUGE difference between mod and admin. Freak is the admin. The admin sets the mods priviledges, such as being able to change thread titles, ban users, etc... I know this from being an admin at one point - different site. It was Freak's job to set up the forum in the first place. You have to decide what topics people are willing to talk about and build your forum, accordingly. Believe it or not, back in the day there was no BB forum. It took enough of us *****ing to get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
By the way, I gave you a seriously abbreviated version of what the admin has to do. If you want to monetize the site, you hhave to seek sponsors. If you want a custom design using vbulletin or phpbb, you might have to hire an artist, along with a programmer to incorporate it into your website. If you don't know how. Don't get me starte on spammers/bots...

Great read, but what Reid Forgrave and all the other pundits who picked the Vols 13th in the conference won't admit is that the Vols are a "big surprise" because the so-called experts all failed to see that this team is a big improvement over what we had last season. None of this current success is a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. You don't have to be wearing orange-tinted shades to see the vast improvement from last season.

Not for nothing, but SI picks UT over UNC:

College basketball picks: Will Kentucky beat Virginia Tech? | SI.com

Last edited:
Great read, but what Reid Forgrave and all the other pundits who picked the Vols 13th in the conference won't admit is that the Vols are a "big surprise" because the so-called experts all failed to see that this team is a big improvement over what we had last season. None of this current success is a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. You don't have to be wearing orange-tinted shades to see the vast improvement from last season.

Not for nothing, but SI picks UT over UNC:

College basketball picks: Will Kentucky beat Virginia Tech? | SI.com

Your best post ever, Ed.

Nice read . . . Barnes is doing a great job, in fact one of the best seasons of his career.

GBO

You must not be familiar with his resume. He was an awesome hire. Many 20+ wins and a couple of 30 win seasons. More trips to the tournament than any coach we've ever hired.

The one stat that sticks out the most for me is bench points. Look at the box scores for each game with our bench points compared to our opponents. The average is almost 2 to 1 in our favor. I believe it would be very difficult for any team to beat us when we have 30+ bench points. This is the one stat that confirms what the article is stating.

Have you guys noticed when the mic is on Barnes in timeouts there's not a lot of strategy of the situation being discussed.
It's more of, you guys have to step up and make plays. I need everyone to contribute, etc.

What this tells me is Barnes lay's out all his strategy and game situations prior in the locker room and ask the team to execute the plan.
This is not a knock but what I saw yesterday was Williams made adjustments at the half and Barnes did not appear to make adjustments.
Yeah I know the players missed shots but a lot of that had to do with Carolina.

To me it looked like Barnes plan in the first half was to rest Williams and work the perimeter, that's why Daniel and the others were shooting from out there. In the second half he planned to ride Grant for the win. It appeared Carolina saw the same thing.
You'll notice for long stretches the team is standing around waiting for Grant to do his thing

Have you guys noticed when the mic is on Barnes in timeouts there's not a lot of strategy of the situation being discussed.
It's more of, you guys have to step up and make plays. I need everyone to contribute, etc.

What this tells me is Barnes lay's out all his strategy and game situations prior in the locker room and ask the team to execute the plan.
This is not a knock but what I saw yesterday was Williams made adjustments at the half and Barnes did not appear to make adjustments.
Yeah I know the players missed shots but a lot of that had to do with Carolina.

To me it looked like Barnes plan in the first half was to rest Williams and work the perimeter, that's why Daniel and the others were shooting from out there. In the second half he planned to ride Grant for the win. It appeared Carolina saw the same thing.
You'll notice for long stretches the team is standing around waiting for Grant to do his thing

I can't say I ever see a coach being mic'd when discussing strategy, at least I can't recall it. I'd think there was an understanding in place with the coach who agrees to wear the mic that he doesn't want other teams privy to that kind of info in the huddle.

I can't say I ever see a coach being mic'd when discussing strategy, at least I can't recall it. I'd think there was an understanding in place with the coach who agrees to wear the mic that he doesn't want other teams privy to that kind of info in the huddle.

100% right. You are not allowed to air anything that could be strategy

VN Store

Back