Support this team, you will be rewarded.

TMHoosierVol

Thread Assassin
I don't believe that VolNation has yet to realize how fortunate we were when Rick Barnes was hired to lead our basketball program. I could not believe all the moaning and groaning when it was announced. He's over the hill, washed up, the game has passed him by, not a sexy name hire, etc., etc.

The man can flat out coach and teach the game better than any coach we've had since Don DeVoe. Look at the development of players in the last two years. The unselfish team play is the biggest factor. They have ten players ready to go every game with nothing on their minds but Coach's game plan.

Just like Coach Pruitt said at his presser, he wants every team on our schedule to fear Tennessee, a'ight! Coach Barnes already has the BasketVols there. Do you think nationally ranked North Carolina is looking forward to their TBA visit, hah!

If you have not noticed, the FBI undercover investigation has many of the big programs reeling. You don't see any signs of concern from our program. Our assistants don't have to recruit out of a phone booth or talk to prospects through a shoe company agent. Look at Auburn (I couldn't resist). Do you think Pearl is enjoying his last season coaching basketball at a big school.

Coach Barnes and his team are going to make us forget how bad the last three months have been for VolNation. If this team stays healthy, it will be dancing in March and carry us through to the O&W game with pride until Coach Pruitt and the Vols take the reins.

13th in the SEC media preseason rankings, BS! you don't get respect from entitlement, you have to earn it. This basketball season is going to be a joy to watch the BasketVols earning national respect every time they take the floor. Coach Barnes and his team would make any fan base proud, but they give their all for Tennessee. How fortunate are we?

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
best team so far...am excited to see how far we go...still waiting on my 325 lb'er...7 footer with soft hands and quick feet...:whistling:

GO VOLS!

Sick of these new guys showing up to the forum now that we're winning and trying to tell me all of the things we regulars have been saying for 2 years.

Thank you for your sentiment, TMHoosierVol.

Reactions: 8 people
Sick of these new guys showing up to the forum now that we're winning and trying to tell me all of the things we regulars have been saying for 2 years.

Not sure if that's aimed at me or not. I'm hardly a new guy just because I don't post frequently. I have been singing Barnes' praises since he was hired. I do know basketball as I'm sure you do based on your user name. No bandwagon jumper here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Barnes has done a great job of identifying & developing talent.

Roster full of 2 & 3*s and has them ranked #24 in the country.

Can’t ask for better than that.

Not sure if that's aimed at me or not. I'm hardly a new guy just because I don't post frequently. I have been singing Barnes' praises since he was hired. I do know basketball as I'm sure you do based on your user name. No bandwagon jumper here.

Don't worry about it Hoosier. I totally agree with your post. This team is as fun to watch as some of Pearls teams were. I have actually said Barnes needs to recruit better talent ( a couple top 100 players every now and then) , to compete in the SEC . Looking like he may prove me wrong. I am 100% behind this team and Coach Barnes and am hopeful we might finally be relevant again come March.

Don't worry about it Hoosier. I totally agree with your post. This team is as fun to watch as some of Pearls teams were. I have actually said Barnes needs to recruit better talent ( a couple top 100 players every now and then) , to compete in the SEC . Looking like he may prove me wrong. I am 100% behind this team and Coach Barnes and am hopeful we might finally be relevant again come March.

I doubt that there's much difference between #75 and #125. Calipari said something like the top 25 are legitimate NBA prospects. The problem with the 25th thru 75th or so... they think they're NBA ready and can be a pain in the ass.

😂 😂 😂 that deserves a 2 Chainz trrrrrrrrruuuuuuu

Reactions: 1 person
😂 😂 😂 that deserves a 2 Chainz trrrrrrrrruuuuuuu

Funny seeing all these newbies jump in here now that we are 7-1 and 24th in the country.

Where were these "fans" when the rest of us regulars were discussing all of this same stuff in weeks past?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Funny seeing all these newbies jump in here now that we are 7-1 and 24th in the country.

Where were these "fans" when the rest of us regulars were discussing all of this same stuff in weeks past.

We need some kind of orientation ritual or hazing. Maybe require them to go disrupt the Duke/UNC thread in Around the NCAA to earn some Vols cred.

Reactions: 3 people
I know I don't post on here much, usually just read what the rest of you discuss. (I played basketball one year in middle school and could never stop fouling out - couldn't get the football out of me haha) I have learned quite a bit from many of you. I have had season basketball tickets since Pearl's first year. Love my Vols and love my Vols basketball. This years team is beginning to stick out more than the others I remember. They seem to be well coached and play unselfish ball most of the time. I can handle a loss every now and then as long as they play with all they have got. Feel we have one of the most solid benches in years. Have in the past cringed when certain players would hit the court. Don't do that anymore. Said it way back and will continue to say, Barnes has brought the stability that has been needed for quite a while. With that being said, IT IS GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL. GO BIG ORANGE. Thanks to many of you teaching this old football guy quite a bit about the sport.

Reactions: 9 people
I know I don't post on here much, usually just read what the rest of you discuss. (I played basketball one year in middle school and could never stop fouling out - couldn't get the football out of me haha) I have learned quite a bit from many of you. I have had season basketball tickets since Pearl's first year. Love my Vols and love my Vols basketball. This years team is beginning to stick out more than the others I remember. They seem to be well coached and play unselfish ball most of the time. I can handle a loss every now and then as long as they play with all they have got. Feel we have one of the most solid benches in years. Have in the past cringed when certain players would hit the court. Don't do that anymore. Said it way back and will continue to say, Barnes has brought the stability that has been needed for quite a while. With that being said, IT IS GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL. GO BIG ORANGE. Thanks to many of you teaching this old football guy quite a bit about the sport.

Sounds like a case of Reese-phobia or Pearl-itis.

Yep, just to name a few. Was sad, there were times they surprised me and just when I thought alrighty, they would return to my "oh crap, here they come"

I shouldn't take a cheap shot at Reese. He stuck it out despite playing under multiple head coaches and position changes. He busted his butt for TN. It's open season on Junior though. He stole a lot of minutes from Maymon and McRae.

I shouldn't take a cheap shot at Reese. He stuck it out despite playing under multiple head coaches and position changes. He busted his butt for TN. It's open season on Junior though. He stole a lot of minutes from Maymon and McRae.

I think Reese would have been ok if he would have had a coach that could have helped him. Didn't mind his defense, just was hit and miss on offense. Pearl reminded me of myself in an antique shop walking amongst narrow isles of antique china. I am a big boy and can be kind of clumsy at times lol.
:)

Some of you "real fans" are really annoying. A poster makes a positive comment about the team, and you guys feel the need to throw your fan card in his face because your post count is in the thousands. Wait a minute, I may not be qualified enough to even try to have a conversation with you UT BB experts.

Give me a break. You won't find many posts from me in the bb forum, but that doesn't discount me as a fan.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back